Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Information on How to Sponsor United e-Upgrades" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Information on How to Sponsor United e-Upgrades" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If you got the "grilling" on the phone, you don't need to sign anything.
Then you may end up with nasty surprise at check-in that upgrade is NOT supported.

This has happened quite few times IME.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
CR1 upgrade sponsorded . upgrade instrument not in reserved status

Hello,
normally when i us a cr1 for someone it went into reserved status. Today it did not ´. Is this a new feature or do I have an upgrade bug on my hand ?
any information...
thanks
Juergen
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
did you sponsor online or over the phone? if it was over the phone, the agent may have goofed - although IIRC i've had that happen once or twice when upgrading my own itin online and it would ask for how i wanted to support the upgrade and check-in (and the CR1 would get pulled then).
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; IC RA
Want to update the opening post

Hey gang,

This little 'ol thread has been around since November 2003 and still going strong! I wrote it back when we were having to go to the airport to coach the agent what codes to insert into what fields, and then and sign "blueys" and write letters to the recipient of the upgrade... it was quite a black art to do it right

It has been a couple of years since I updated the opening post. Please PM me with text you think ought to go up there and I will update accordingly. ^
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Quick question...

Is it possible to sponsor a single person on a two-px itinerary with a SWU -or- does it work like upgrading your own itins where you have to upgrade everyone on the PNR?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
.... Is it possible to sponsor a single person on a two-px itinerary with a SWU -or- does it work like upgrading your own itins where you have to upgrade everyone on the PNR?
everyone
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
everyone
Thanks - thats what I thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.