Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Information on How to Sponsor United e-Upgrades" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Information on How to Sponsor United e-Upgrades" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2004, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Thanks for writing the "index" book on this...

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Feb 10, 2004, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, RCC, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Does the person who was gifted the upgrade need to have the upgradable space comfirmed at the time of signing to have the upgrade done?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Thanks for the great info. You saved me a lot of time.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
What happens to unused HK-49's? Do they revert to miles like the 500's? Not that letting them go is too likely.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 7:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Karen2:
What happens to unused HK-49's? Do they revert to miles like the 500's? Not that letting them go is too likely.</font>
They vanish into thin air. That's why 'tis better to gift than to expire.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; IC RA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyhawaii:
Does the person who was gifted the upgrade need to have the upgradable space comfirmed at the time of signing to have the upgrade done?</font>
The upgrade confirmation is done in step #2 in the top post. The person receiving the gift should check to ensure there are upgrade seats available when the tickets are purchased (during step 1) but should not confirm the upgrade just yet! -- For example, if the receiver of the gift is a 1K with his/her own electronic Regional Upgrades available in his/her account it is very tempting to first confirm the upgrade at this juncture, hoping to switch out his/her e-cert with that of the giver... Resist the temptation to do this as it causes all kinds of grief when the giver of the gift calls into the 1K line in step 2. Again, the confirmation of the upgrade occurs in Step 2 above, when the giver of the upgrade calls the 1K line.

The beauty of the Confirmed Regionals are that you trump those waiting for 100 hours before flight time to upgrade using 500-mile certs. But this brings up a question I have had myself which maybe other FT'ers can help me out on... Has anyone had experience putting a gifted Confirmed Regional upgrade on a waitlist? I would like to hear from you so as to perhaps add another section on the top post. Thanks in advance. -xpacific-
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
UGH is there any way we can start, a process of asking UA to permitt us to transfer SWU to another persons account?
Since all new certs are "e" or paperless.
It would be easy for UA, to do this transfer.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

3/22/04
Updated top post regarding waitlisting e-upgrades.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 2:03 pm

I'm in need of four of these for a trip in May..
Old May 8, 2004, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
The "Xpacific CR1 Tango"

Having just completed the "Xpacific CR1 Tango" with Xpacific himself, let me thank John for his good work on all of our behalfs by maintaining this thread and for his kindness to me during this exchange (honored over many months I might add) ^ ^

What's really scary is that he even selected my favorite seat for me!

Lurker
Old May 8, 2004, 10:07 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Indeed!

I will second that: Xpacific is truly a class-act! And this info is gold, worthy of being bumped regularly.

(I'm just surprised he hasn't posted on the current sushi thread in OMNI yet )
Old Jun 3, 2004, 1:38 pm

Programs: United 1K MIllion Miler, Delta Gold
I'm mainly posting just to Bump this thread, but I do have one question....

Is the "full" procedure required for my 1K wife to gift a regional upgrade to me if we have the same last name and address of record, or can some of it be bypassed, or handled with the 1K desk over the phone?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Phone is okay!

Originally Posted by gr8rg8r
Is the "full" procedure required for my 1K wife to gift a regional upgrade to me if we have the same last name and address of record, or can some of it be bypassed, or handled with the 1K desk over the phone?
I've found that when upgrading relatives with the same last name (doesn't even have to be same address) there is no problem doing it over the phone. This is a welcome benefit!! (Of course, I'd imagine if you had a common last name like Jones, you may be in for an airport visit.)
Old Jun 24, 2004, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
So can I get another printout of the bluey or not?

Last time, the CSR kept insisting that I could not and her's was the only copy for accounting. I should have just asked her to photocopy that one, but I forgot. Is there a proper reference for the "bluey"? I have to get another one today.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

The UA term for it is "Auditor's Coupon"
And yes, always ask for a photocopy if they have trouble printing out a new one. The other day I signed one for a friend in Hong Kong, and rather than printing one out, the CSR grabbed a stack of pre-printed Auditor's Coupons and filled in the details. I should have asked her if it would be OK to grab a handful of them... Would make life easier next time around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.