Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel those F/A/C/D/Z tickets on PS now?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Cancel those F/A/C/D/Z tickets on PS now?

Seems like there is no reason to pay premium pricing on PS now that the equipment swaps to regular 2 class equipment is SOP. Anyone else cancelling their PS tickets? Seems like an M-up on a flat bed 752 to EWR is the way to go and way cheaper.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
They've swapped how many now? Cancel them all.

sCO never swaps the B752 flights. Locked in from T-330 to departure.

Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mduell
They've swapped how many now? Cancel them all.

sCO never swaps the B752 flights. Locked in from T-330 to departure.

When there used to be a swap, it was typically to a 3 cabin 763. Now, it is to a 2 cabin 752. Luxury, pure luxury.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by paullevi
.... equipment swaps to regular 2 class equipment is SOP. ....
may just be a bit premature to call this SOP
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:11 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
FWIW, this has been done in the past pre-merger. They provided first class catering onboard for all 24 passengers, and video player is available upon request. JFK RCC refused entry to the first class lounge, however. Then again, it was one of those rude JFK agents that stuck out like a sore thumb.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Another great example of CO/UA Jeffing things up.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by PTahCha
FWIW, this has been done in the past pre-merger. They provided first class catering onboard for all 24 passengers, and video player is available upon request. JFK RCC refused entry to the first class lounge, however. Then again, it was one of those rude JFK agents that stuck out like a sore thumb.
Video player with no power is a joke. Enjoy 30 minutes of video on the semi-dead battery on your 6 hour flight sir...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paullevi
Video player with no power is a joke. Enjoy 30 minutes of video on the semi-dead battery on your 6 hour flight sir...
On the flip side, I've had decent media players that were fully charged when handed out to me, that I didn't even need the power cord for the entire 6 hour flight to SFO. Just saying...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:18 pm

2 cabin 752s were used occasionally for equipment swap years ago, but the official swap equipment has been ipte 763 for the last couple of years. 3 cabin 777 in winter of 2010 sfo-jfk-ord iirc.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by tuolumne
2 cabin 752s were used occasionally for equipment swap years ago, but the official swap equipment has been ipte 763 for the last couple of years. 3 cabin 777 in winter of 2010 sfo-jfk-ord iirc.
I just booked a ticket that included a segment in p.s. F. Can you point me to a United link regarding the official swap equipment?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I just booked a ticket that included a segment in p.s. F. Can you point me to a United link regarding the official swap equipment?
There is no such link.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
There is no such link.
He meant the United Cargo.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:02 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
When there used to be a swap, it was typically to a 3 cabin 763. Now, it is to a 2 cabin 752. Luxury, pure luxury.
With the ongoing interior conversions and the retiring of the 762s topped with the 787 delays, they are tight with widebodies.

Right now, 4 widebodies are in the shop for interior conversion, and often during that time one or two will be in the paint shop.

If you are going to drop $3000 for a refundable premium ticket, you can easily cancel on the day of departure if there is an equipment swap and rebook on DL/AA if a nice hard product is that important to you.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
There is no such link.
Ok, so there's actually nothing official to back up his assertion. It's just his personal opinion, and not published company policy.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:18 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Ok, so there's actually nothing official to back up his assertion. It's just his personal opinion, and not published company policy.
That summarizes about 98% of posts on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.