Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading SFO to Maui 2-27 9AM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by mccullo3
Or could be going to non-status flyers being offered $69 dollar upgrades to 1st.

United (CONTINENTAL) are you whatching & listening? I'm definitely keeping a closer eye on you and was very tempted to fly Virgin this week. I should have being that I wasn't upgraded on my SAN-SFO flight on a 757. I hope you are enjoying you nominal increased revenue when I decide you are no longer worth the last minute $621 fare!
I have been offered buyups to first at checkin, more frequently now. Clearly a source of revenue the new United is tapping into. I think we can kiss the UDU's goodbye on popular routes
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Well it looks like the OPs flight has been cancelled. Wonder what happened?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Well it looks like the OPs flight has been cancelled. Wonder what happened?

Flight Detail
Airline: UNITED AIRLINES INC
Flight 575
Date Mon, Feb 27
Aircraft type: Boeing 767-300
Miles earned: 2338

Departure
Airport: San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Scheduled departure: 8:55 AM
Estimated: Cancelled
Reason: Aircraft Servicing
Terminal: terminal 3 concourse f
Gate: 81
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Location: Kapalua, Maui- just paradise and Sun Valley, Idaho!!
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K .96MM (1MM this year-humm)
Yes, our flight was cancelled and we are rebooked on #819 which is a 6 hour delay. I smell something funny here. As mentioned before the back of the plane on #575 was wide open, at least half empty. I think United cancelled because of the light load. We are now in E- seats 31D&E. In the Club Room I saw a few 1K's that were not to happy. New flight F is full and E+ is full. If I am right- thanks United.

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Flight Detail
Airline: UNITED AIRLINES INC
Flight 575
Date Mon, Feb 27
Aircraft type: Boeing 767-300
Miles earned: 2338

Departure
Airport: San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Scheduled departure: 8:55 AM
Estimated: Cancelled
Reason: Aircraft Servicing
Terminal: terminal 3 concourse f
Gate: 81
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

I just checked the flight load on what was two Maui to SFO flights and they are both almost full. Now there is only one Maui to SFO flight today so I doubt that cancelled #575 because of light load. There is going to be a lot of people getting an extra days of vacation on Maui.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

We have a happy ending unless something else changes. United added a second flight to Maui (#1761) leaving at 12:15. Luckily I was in the Club and happen to check the departure board and noticed a new flight to Maui. No announcements were made about this. I immediately went to the counter, got switched to earlier flight and presto- got upgraded to 1H and 1J our favorite seats. It is also our 36th wedding anniversary today so United gave us a present. I just love a happy ending!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
OT: Club? Maui?

Originally Posted by lapeter
We have a happy ending unless something else changes. United added a second flight to Maui (#1761) leaving at 12:15. Luckily I was in the Club and happen to check the departure board and noticed a new flight to Maui. No announcements were made about this. I immediately went to the counter, got switched to earlier flight and presto- got upgraded to 1H and 1J our favorite seats. It is also our 36th wedding anniversary today so United gave us a present. I just love a happy ending!!!!
Did we miss something? Is there a club available to UA 1k/*G at OGG? Hawaiian Airlines? Been thru OGG many times, but thought we had to settle w/ Sammy Hagar's or the one near the UA gates.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
See you on 1761.

*edit* lots of camping on the carpet and gate lice

Last edited by wazzuFreddo; Feb 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BH62
Did we miss something? Is there a club available to UA 1k/*G at OGG? Hawaiian Airlines? Been thru OGG many times, but thought we had to settle w/ Sammy Hagar's or the one near the UA gates.
I think the OP is in SFO heading to OGG thus at the UC.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BBFD
I think the OP is in SFO heading to OGG thus at the UC.
Of course, my bad.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:14 pm

Lax-ogg was cancelled this morning as well. I was rerouted lax-hnl, minus the confirmed upgrade. Agent at uc said we weren't out anything as the upgrade was free to begin with. I was #2 on the wl with 2 seats available. #1 and #3 were upgraded as I sat in the back.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by dencoflyer
Lax-ogg was cancelled this morning as well. I was rerouted lax-hnl, minus the confirmed upgrade. Agent at uc said we weren't out anything as the upgrade was free to begin with. I was #2 on the wl with 2 seats available. #1 and #3 were upgraded as I sat in the back.
Did you inquire why #3 jumped over you?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:53 am

I didn't, wish I had. Didn't really figure it out until we were getting on the plane. It was a bit chaotic at the gate, ga made an announcement re the irregular issues with multiple Hawaii flights that morning. #3 on the list appeared to be traveling with someone already confirmed in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.