Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Flight Cancellation due to Aircraft Maintenance, still entitled to miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl

I did some searches and did not find an answer to my question.

I took UA837 SFO-NRT-TPE a few months ago. Upon arrival in NRT, my connection flight to TPE was cancelled (aircraft switch from 744 to 772, morning UA838 TPE-NRT experienced a crash landing). Went to the counter, they put me on a JL flight to Taipei which actually arrived earlier than the UA flight. Because I have not been a UA flyer/Star Alliance flyer for very long, I am not sure if I am allowed to ask UA for the EQM/EQS for the cancelled NRT-TPE flight? My assumption would be no, but I defer to the more experience UA/*A flyers on this board about what I should do in this situation.

(I have already called and found out that I cannot get any credit for the JL flight for 1W)

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
You can call UA CS and ask for original routing credit. They are usually very good in providing.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I did some searches and did not find an answer to my question.

I took UA837 SFO-NRT-TPE a few months ago. Upon arrival in NRT, my connection flight to TPE was cancelled (aircraft switch from 744 to 772, morning UA838 TPE-NRT experienced a crash landing). Went to the counter, they put me on a JL flight to Taipei which actually arrived earlier than the UA flight. Because I have not been a UA flyer/Star Alliance flyer for very long, I am not sure if I am allowed to ask UA for the EQM/EQS for the cancelled NRT-TPE flight? My assumption would be no, but I defer to the more experience UA/*A flyers on this board about what I should do in this situation.

(I have already called and found out that I cannot get any credit for the JL flight for 1W)

Thanks.
It took you a few months to finally wonder if you are entitled to the Original Routing Credit (ORC)?! I hope they have not already purged your records when you call to demand your ORC now. Good lucks!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by lax2010
It took you a few months to finally wonder if you are entitled to the Original Routing Credit (ORC)?! I hope they have not already purged your records when you call to demand your ORC now. Good lucks!
I just noticed an error in my OP. The flight cancellation occurred at the beginning of last month. Apologies for the misleading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.