Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do K and T fares earn miles on AC flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Do K and T fares earn miles on AC flights?

United.com indicates that N, G, P, E, and A fares do not earn miles on Air Canada North American flights, while K and T do. United.ca has a footnote indicating that K and T also do not earn miles (there is no footnote on the united.com page). Anyone know which one is correct? Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
United.com indicates that N, G, P, E, and A fares do not earn miles on Air Canada North American flights, while K and T do. United.ca has a footnote indicating that K and T also do not earn miles (there is no footnote on the united.com page). Anyone know which one is correct? Thanks.
Not sure if this changed at all, but at least a couple of years ago, K and T were part of the Tango brand of fares, along with N, G, etc. id expect not. But I'm not sure.

On the other hand, is the fare code you are looking at for a UA codeshare flight, or for an AC numbered flight. A UA codeshare could map into a mileage earning "Tango Plus" fare on AC metal.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
United.com is the correct version.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Don't forget the mapping is a bit different on AC vs. UA, *generally* a real published fare is going to earn miles (I've found that UA codeshares are only Tango+).
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: UA: MM
Ok, I'm flying from iah to Halifax and back. My ticket is on US Air stock. The outbound is on CO metal to Phily and air Wisconsin to Halifax. The return in in AC through Toronto. I talked to to the AC agent who said it was listed as a "T" fare and part of the TANGO group.

The reservation on co.com shows fare class as "Economy (T)" with 0% for the elite qualification.

Any guesses as to if I'll get the elite miles? I can probably change the ticket, but I want to try the AC product back fromToronto.

TIA
DLM
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dmunz
....The reservation on co.com shows fare class as "Economy (T)" with 0% for the elite qualification.

Any guesses as to if I'll get the elite miles? ...
If you are crediting to CO OP, best for you to read the rules on CO.com
www.continental.com > OnePass > Earn Miles > Airline Partners > Air Canada
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Credit T fares to UA and they will post. I've done this. I have no idea how it works on CO.

The basic rule is that essentially any published transborder fare on AC will credit to UA (with 500 mi minimums and bonuses), while you have to be more careful with domestic Canadian fares.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmunz
Ok, I'm flying from iah to Halifax and back. My ticket is on US Air stock. The outbound is on CO metal to Phily and air Wisconsin to Halifax. The return in in AC through Toronto. I talked to to the AC agent who said it was listed as a "T" fare and part of the TANGO group.

The reservation on co.com shows fare class as "Economy (T)" with 0% for the elite qualification.

Any guesses as to if I'll get the elite miles? I can probably change the ticket, but I want to try the AC product back fromToronto.

TIA
DLM
If the AC fare itself is a T, it is actually in Tango Plus, and should earn full mileage.

If it is T but based on a codeshare flight number (i.e. CO XXXX, operated by AC) then it could map differently. If it is indeed in the Tango class of fares, I wouldn't expect any miles.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by emcampbe
If the AC fare itself is a T, it is actually in Tango Plus, and should earn full mileage.

If it is T but based on a codeshare flight number (i.e. CO XXXX, operated by AC) then it could map differently. If it is indeed in the Tango class of fares, I wouldn't expect any miles.
Thanks. I beleive that it is an actual AC T (or TANGO+). The flight is an AC number on AC metal.

Looking at it on the CO, US and AC websites it shows as a "T" on all three.

We'll se how it goes.

Cheers
DLM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.