Programs: UA 1k
Booking change NC > NF

I think that is the right nomenclature.

Have 4 C award tix for winter break.

ORD-FRA UA C
FRA-NCE LH c
NCE-FRA LH c
FRA-ORD LH C

Noticed 2 saver F's this morning on .bomb. Called to see if I could bump up that first leg. Agent said not with it being mixed with LH's, that if the LH FRA-ORD was on UA she could but not otherwise. Timing wise I'd really rather stick with the LH flight back, it's earlier.

I am not experienced enough to know. I was will to pay the extra miles and a reasonable fee.

On a second note how spacious are the lavatories on a UA 777? Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, 1.4MM
Noticed 2 saver F's this morning on .bomb. Called to see if I could bump up that first leg. Agent said not with it being mixed with LH's, that if the LH FRA-ORD was on UA she could but not otherwise. Timing wise I'd really rather stick with the LH flight back, it's earlier.

Typically its better to book such flights as two one-ways. Otherwise they have to cancel everything and you start over and hope the seats you gave up return to inventory.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SouthPoleFlyer

Typically its better to book such flights as two one-ways. Otherwise they have to cancel everything and you start over and hope the seats you gave up return to inventory.
Ahhhhhh..........ha. Well next time that will be the way I do it. Thanks, good tip for the newbie. Although I am not sure I could have since my first booking was all LH, although via .bomb.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by latimeriv
Ahhhhhh..........ha. Well next time that will be the way I do it. Thanks, good tip for the newbie. Although I am not sure I could have since my first booking was all LH, although via .bomb.
Or if you were Plat/1K, you could book the new flights first, then cancel the first one with no penalty.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
Or if you were Plat/1K, you could book the new flights first, then cancel the first one with no penalty.
Yea, but I ain't. Just a scraping by P-. But I see what you mean.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:30 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Mods-

Might want to change the title of this thread-- award bins are XC & XF (upgrades from paid tickets are NC & NF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.