Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Two Questions About United Arrivals Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:51 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*

1. The United Arrivals page says that it's limited to C/F pax "arriving before noon." Is this time limit really enforced?

None of the flights NRT-ORD arrive before noon. So if I fly NRT-ORD in NF (D) class, will I be permitted to take a shower at ORD, or denied?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,50001,00.html

2. It seems that the London Arrivals service bit the dust sometime this year, leaving only 3 locations. Any idea why UA keeps shutting down its arrivals locations (there used to be 6...)? Even as other airlines are stepping up their lounge offerings?

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
The last time I was in Chicago, I was told they have extended the Arrivals Lounge hours to 7pm, after many years of complaints. But bear in mind that it's airside (physically located on the C concourse between the United Club and the International First Lounge), so it's only good for connecting passengers.
As for London, last time I was there was June, and it was open. I hope it hasn't closed. It's a shared star alliance facility.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Two easily-found threads that answer the OP's questions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-threads.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ounge-lhr.html
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAN 1K
The last time I was in Chicago, I was told they have extended the Arrivals Lounge hours to 7pm, after many years of complaints. But bear in mind that it's airside (physically located on the C concourse between the United Club and the International First Lounge), so it's only good for connecting passengers.
Thanks! At ORD, I would be connecting to LGA, so that part works out OK, but thanks for pointing out the issue.

For LHR, the United Arrivals page no longer lists London as a city where this service is offered. It was removed from the page sometime this year, but I can't tell exactly when.

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Whether or not "easily found," neither of these threads actually answers my questions, as far as I can tell. A thread that uses some of the same words as the question is not the same as actually answering the question. I've paged through those threads, and I don't see the answers to my two original questions. Are they really buried in there somewhere? (If not, then what was the point?)

Last edited by EsquireFlyer; Dec 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:25 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
. I've paged through those threads, and I don't see the answers to my two original questions. Are they really buried in there somewhere? (If not, then what was the point?)
The point is that not every question may be answerd in the relevant threads, but you can certainly ask your question there. They would be answered and now your question and answer will be available in a thread about this particular topic.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Perhaps they removed LHR because it is a shared arrivals lounge, as opposed to one operated by UA for UA..
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The point is that not every question may be answerd in the relevant threads, but you can certainly ask your question there. They would be answered and now your question and answer will be available in a thread about this particular topic.
Thanks. But that's not what the poster said, which is what I don't understand. He/she actually said:

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Two easily-found threads that answer the OP's questions:
(emphasis added).

The statement is not true, and I didn't understand why the poster directed me to read through 9 pages of posts, saying that the answer was in there, when it actually was not. (If it actually was true that the answer was right there in an existing thread but I didn't even bother to do a search, then I would think the comment was deserved. But that was not the case.)

My second question about UA's Arrivals service cuts, which used LHR as an example only, was broader than LHR. So I didn't want to hijack the LHR thread (which was focused on how to find the LHR arrivals suite and members' experiences there).

Last edited by EsquireFlyer; Dec 7, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.