Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Exec card just arrived!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Cool Premier Exec card just arrived!

i've made the cut . i was pleasantly surprised that 1. i received the gold card and 2. it is only valid through january 2012.

kind of neat, i suppose, but i'm only two flights away from 1k, so i hope that's also valid until january 2012 only! i'm guessing this has something to do with the merger and i remember seeing a thread eluding to the look of cards. don't know if this is related, but i have a feeling it'll get merged in 3... 2... 1...

Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Expiration date makes no sense. You earn it this year it is good until Jan 2013.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Always expires the closest Jan 31st. A new card will be sent for next year. Normal.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Expiration date makes no sense. ..
But it is SOP
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Thanks for clarifying
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I've never received any card in the mail from United and I just validated my address is correct (and has been for years). I wonder why this is.. what would you do with a card anyway?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by angryapple
..... what would you do with a card anyway?
the only real need for a card is international lounge access for some non-UA lounges for 1Ps/Golds or higher.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
the only real need for a card is international lounge access for some non-UA lounges for 1Ps/Golds or higher.
i've read stories about what happens when you don't have one... lounging is good. it's good insurance to have the card i guess. although, the counter agent prints the pass that gets you into their lounge anyway. i'm guessing it's for people who want to get into other *alliance lounges...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by davetastic
... the counter agent prints the pass that gets you into their lounge anyway. ......
that only works if your are flying in a premium cabin -- no lounge pass (and the reason for the *G card) if you are in economy.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
that only works if your are flying in a premium cabin -- no lounge pass (and the reason for the *G card) if you are in economy.
That depends entirely on the airport. Some lounges use passes (eg, Singapore), some use boarding passes (eg, Sydney), some need the card (eg, Frankfurt) - regardless of your class.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by docbert
That depends entirely on the airport. Some lounges use passes (eg, Singapore), some use boarding passes (eg, Sydney), some need the card (eg, Frankfurt) - regardless of your class.
FRA and MUC are fine using the boarding pass (for me), even with bringing a guest. No card requested for lounge entry.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
FRA and MUC are fine using the boarding pass (for me), even with bringing a guest. No card requested for lounge entry.
what cabin was the BP for? Premium cabin BPs work for LH lounges, but if you are in economy you better have a *G card.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:18 am

what cabin was the BP for? Premium cabin BPs work for LH lounges, but if you are in economy you better have a *G card.
It was for the Y cabin every single time. So far, they scanned my boarding pass at FRA, TXL, MUC and ZRH and I could always enter the SEN lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
It was for the Y cabin every single time. So far, they scanned my boarding pass at FRA, TXL, MUC and ZRH and I could always enter the SEN lounge.
your experience is most unusual -- This forum is filled with reports of folks being denied LH lounge access without their *G card.

such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-threads.html
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:02 am

your experience is most unusual -- This forum is filled with reports of folks being denied LH lounge access without their *G card.

such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-threads.html
I know... That's why I actually still hope to get my card, just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.