Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot buy E+ plus seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Cannot buy E+ plus seating

Background: I am a regular traveller on United from LHR to the US given my leaning to Star Alliance airlines. Also, I am a member of bmi diamond club and not United Mileage Plus.

Normally when I book a trip on unitedairlines.co.uk, a few days later I can call up my itinerary online and choose to upgrade to economy plus paying for it with a credit card. But with my latest booking it doesn't give me any option to hit a Travel Options button. And if I go to united.com/economyplus, put in my PNR I just get back to my intinerary and again there is no option to upgrade.

The flight I have booked is a multiple leg journey (LHR-LAX-SAN-ORD-IAD-LHR), so does this mean that E+ on all segments is sold out or am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any help. I am not looking for a freebie, I just want to be able to pay for more legroom in economy.

Cheers!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by seanyjmuc
Background: I am a regular traveller on United from LHR to the US given my leaning to Star Alliance airlines. Also, I am a member of bmi diamond club and not United Mileage Plus.

Normally when I book a trip on unitedairlines.co.uk, a few days later I can call up my itinerary online and choose to upgrade to economy plus paying for it with a credit card. But with my latest booking it doesn't give me any option to hit a Travel Options button. And if I go to united.com/economyplus, put in my PNR I just get back to my intinerary and again there is no option to upgrade.

The flight I have booked is a multiple leg journey (LHR-LAX-SAN-ORD-IAD-LHR), so does this mean that E+ on all segments is sold out or am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any help. I am not looking for a freebie, I just want to be able to pay for more legroom in economy.

Cheers!
What did UA say when you called and asked?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Often1
The OP is not a UA elite. How could they sanely call UA and ask?

I'd extrapolate an answer along that there is no such thing as E+ / E+ access can only be purchased for premium pax / UA does no longer fly to London / the OP spelled their name wrong .....
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
Funny, I had the exact same issue before UA started allowing CO elites to sit in E+. I called and the ICC put me on hold for 10 minutes only come back and say "sir, this flight is completely sold out." That didn't really answer the question, but the ICC never really does.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by seanyjmuc
....The flight I have booked is a multiple leg journey (LHR-LAX-SAN-ORD-IAD-LHR), so does this mean that E+ on all segments is sold out or am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?...
Most probably one segment is booked out (and the online system is not that smart) but if you provide specific flight data, we can check. (you can probably check yourself by doing a dummy booking.)

If you do this more than once a year, it would be best to purchase the annual option (but this does require a MP number). Change the mileage crediting after you get your BPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.