Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Talking

4 Jul EWR-ORD-LAS
14 Jul LAS-DEN-LGA

UDU: 2/4

Thought this was notable since both upgrades were on the longer legs, and both departing a hub, particularly since I'm (temporarily) only a 2P.

Only bad news is that the final leg (UA 475) is a "forward-looking event", since I'm currently at B25 in DEN waiting for Mr. 757 to come back from the maintenance hangar.

Well, I figured eventually they would either cancel 475, or propagate the problem further down the system by stealing another flight's aircraft. They just did the latter, and we're to be on a different 757 that's due in at B24 in 18 minutes. But to walk across from B25 to B24, we all had to walk around four moving sidewalks. What an inconvenience!

Apparently, UA ops were going to make us wait for the original aircraft, but the gate supervisor convinced them that they really didn't want to deal with misconnects and re-accom for the 50 or so children from China that are on this flight.

So, in their honor, I'll go out and buy something tonight that's made in China... i.e. just about anything.

As for which other flight was originally going to use this a/c that will now be delayed, I have no idea (although I probably could figure it out). The incoming is
UA 876 from SEA.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 14, 2011 at 3:51 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by RichG
4 Jul EWR-ORD-LAS
14 Jul LAS-DEN-LGA

UDU: 2/4
It is quite remarkable, indeed, as I only recently got to 50% after a few months flying as 1k. Success does depend on origin/destinations combo. Check http://www.udustats.com - and add your own experiences!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Good news: sitting in FC.
Bad news: watching lightning & thunder while sitting at gate.
Then again, I'd rather watch it here than aloft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.