Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Discontinunation of 1K Page on United's Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discontinunation of 1K Page on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:02 am

It's gone. But it hadn't been updated for a year and there was nothing of importance on the page.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ite-toast.html
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
1k only wed

Originally Posted by rafgva
Some body know if ther is stil the 1 k only wed page???

I cant find any more...
I came to this thread because I thought UA was having a promotion: 1K-only Wednesdays.

Imagine an entire day when only 1Ks were allowed to be on the plane.

That would be a change I would like.

C'mon SMI/J, it's only one day out the week, and you can this special just once a month. We need this.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by mre5765
I came to this thread because I thought UA was having a promotion: 1K-only Wednesdays.

Imagine an entire day when only 1Ks were allowed to be on the plane.

That would be a change I would like.

C'mon SMI/J, it's only one day out the week, and you can this special just once a month. We need this.
I shutter to think of the gate-lice situation at the elite access scrum.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM
Where's the 1K website?

Hi all,
I was logging on to Mileage Plus, and I was looking for the link to the 1K website. My intent was to send a message via the link - I can't remember the name that United marketing called it.

I found that the 1K website and all of the associated links are no longer functional.

Is there any other way to send a comment to UACO that might get received a little quicker and with more attention? Or has UACO determined that all feedback that they might get is no longer worth their attention?

Thanks for the FT help and input.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
More info here perhaps:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-website.html

The email address is [email protected]
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
try [email protected]. Response rates have been pretty slow lately with lots of generic meaningless replies.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM
Thanks for the info.

Now, I can start the clock on how long it takes to get a response.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:12 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
At least they should fix "-" for the 1k phone number pdf page.
Also the pdf should include the 1K e-mail address as well. New 1Ks would not know where/how to contact expeditiously outside the US.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
And yet the UA website continues to list the "1K specific page that you can get to by clicking the banner at the top of the page after you login" on the 1K benefits page.

-RM
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by United757
It's gone. But it hadn't been updated for a year and there was nothing of importance on the page.[/url]
Not true for me last week. Was in Europe and had to find the 1K toll free numbers which use to be linked on the 1K web site

Originally Posted by Atuchan
At least they should fix "-" for the 1k phone number pdf page.
Agree, was delayed making a call to 1K desk until I had access to my personal laptop which I saved the PDF copy of the toll free international numbers. At least I had a copy of it or I would have been out a lot of $ for an international cell call.
I now made a copy of it on my work computer, cell phone, and wife's computer. But I wonder how all the new 1K members are finding out the international toll free numbers???
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
I really thought there would be more info on here as to WHY the website is no longer functional and/or why UA still holds it out as a benefit?

Also a PDF is mentioned in the thread - is that still available. As a new 1K I was looking forward to seeing what was behind the 1K wall - now it seems what was behind there disappeared a while ago.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure
I really thought there would be more info on here as to WHY the website is no longer functional
I just figure it's not worth speding any brain cells on something that was never useful.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:09 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I just figure it's not worth speding any brain cells on something that was never useful.
IIRC, it was useful at some point before I was ever a 1K.

I seem to recall members posting here about getting free tickets to Chicago pro team games of various sorts and other offers of that ilk. Back in 2006 (first time I made 1K), they had a few such offers--maybe 2 or 3, but the next time I made 1K (2009), I think the most recent thing posted to the site was the "thousand words" contest which was months and months out of date.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
...maybe someone should make our own 1K site?

...one idea I have had is that there should be a 1K formal user group established. As a block, we would have much more influence over United. In a way, thats what we have here with FlyerTalk but its not so organized so United doesn't take it so seriously. United also tried to create its own focus group a while back but its membership was limited to invite only. If a formal 1K group was created it could have quite a bit of swing I think...

Not that I have any time to volunteer to set it up, nor do most others
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
Originally Posted by dmodemd
...maybe someone should make our own 1K site?

...one idea I have had is that there should be a 1K formal user group established. As a block, we would have much more influence over United. In a way, thats what we have here with FlyerTalk but its not so organized so United doesn't take it so seriously. United also tried to create its own focus group a while back but its membership was limited to invite only. If a formal 1K group was created it could have quite a bit of swing I think...

Not that I have any time to volunteer to set it up, nor do most others
It's a great idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.