Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Discontinunation of 1K Page on United's Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discontinunation of 1K Page on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Never used it anyway.

Good riddance. Served no purpose anyway.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:03 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
RIP 1K web site...

But I still have my United Connection CD-ROM
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Six to 8 years ago, there was some valuable info. But in the last 2-3 years, their attention to the web site (and to 1Ks) deminished. The site had not even been updated in the last 12-14-16 months.

Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
I really miss seeing the random gifts, tickets, and other prizes they used to give out.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Ironically, United probably could have paid someone $30k a year to keep it updated with interesting things, and it would be incredibly popular as a 1K benefit.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by oenophilist
Ironically, United probably could have paid someone $30k a year to keep it updated with interesting things, and it would be incredibly popular as a 1K benefit.
That was really more my point in starting this thread. That it is probably a reasonably predictive signal that:

1) 1K probably won't survive as the name of this elite tier
and/or 2) the distinction between elite and 1K will become less pronounced (as a matter of policy, not just via cost cutting).

I think the status of 1K started to decline as soon as they came up with GS (which, in my humble opinion is a much better way to run a loyalty program from a company perspective).
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
I still miss the 1K lounges they used to have in ORD, SFO, SMF and I'm sure I missed a bunch. Agents in there could make things happen!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: UAGLD AA_MM_GLD CO F9 HHGLD
UA Only lost a very weak marketing tool....

As one poster stated they looked forward to the 1K only site.... I don't recall any useful content for as long as I can remember...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:08 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Another enhancement.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
All gone! My fleeting moment of feeling special was just that & did not even know until just now that it was toast. Going forward with the UACO merger, hope that some special recognition for 100,000 miles-a-year flyers will be recognized with something, but "not holding my breath!".
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:29 pm

Well, maybe the site was a little useless. But I am missing the calling guide, don't always carry my membership card with the numbers on the back available. So, now where to find the dedicated 1K numbers? Someone mentioned a PDF file but where is that located?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Well, maybe the site was a little useless. But I am missing the calling guide, don't always carry my membership card with the numbers on the back available. So, now where to find the dedicated 1K numbers? Someone mentioned a PDF file but where is that located?
Where the 1K site link was on the mileage plus page. It is still there, a full link label was there a few days but now it is "-"
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by ORD-LIH

Also just a tombstone to a cool event. The first day my MP summary actually had a link to the 1K only website. Come on... everyone got excited the first time they got to click-through to it.

Cheers,

ORD-LIH
Yeah, I for one was really excited about the exclusivity when i first turned 1k until I clicked through it to find out that there really wasn't anything special in there.

Were there any features in the "1k only" website that people found useful?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oenophilist
Originally Posted by DenverDean
As one poster stated they looked forward to the 1K only site.... I don't recall any useful content for as long as I can remember...
Really.

In this age of Restaurant.com, Groupon, e-this-discount, e-that-discount, plus in house offers, etc... one creative 20-something year old employee could have come up with some cool stuff to at least keep us coming back out of curiosity.

Would have cost relatively nothing, and made it look like a big value.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: M&M UAL
1k only wed

Some body know if ther is stil the 1 k only wed page???

I cant find any more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.