Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Discontinunation of 1K Page on United's Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discontinunation of 1K Page on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
Everyone uses precious metals or gems to name levels; let's shoot for something new, like superheros, or Hostess snack cakes.
Given the propensity for advertising in poor taste I wouldn't be surprised to see them brand it: "Now boarding Diet Pepsi Elite, then Doritos Elite..."

This being a Texas-centric company now perhaps they can take them from the energy complex: "We begin boarding with our light-sweet-crude members, followed by our brent-crude flyers."

I'm all for the super-heros.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
..your forgetting they will all be taken over Starbucks eventually.

So we will board...White Chocolate Mochas->Double Expressos->Expressos->Lattes and then Coffee of the Day for everyone else.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by blueman2
I agree. It is sort of sad, actually. I remember when 1K really meant something. Now, it is just a 'yeah, you are somewhat special, but don't expect much' designation.

alas....
Especially at SFO ....
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by tryathlete
After all of the anticipation.... finally making 1K-- finally getting to see what was waiting for me on the new and exciting website availed only to prestigious 1K "members" I read those three words:

"Drink your Ovaltine."
^
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by 1k650
Especially at SFO ....
no kidding....
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by rkisaacs

Can't find the Secret Special 1K Email address anywhere either.
According to this link, the 1K site is no more -

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,52437,00.html

-
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:51 am

This is my first year as a 1K. Their "special 1K website" is a joke and totally useless to me. They're better off dropping it, if they're not going to make it useful.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by hjmanasa
This is my first year as a 1K. Their "special 1K website" is a joke and totally useless to me. They're better off dropping it, if they're not going to make it useful.
They listened and dropped it!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This is a change we like!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:05 am
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
RIP, poor 1K web site.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by blueman2
I agree. It is sort of sad, actually. I remember when 1K really meant something. Now, it is just a 'yeah, you are somewhat special, but don't expect much' designation.

I know there has been talk even of a super GS level. I bet within 1-2 years, UA's 'level inflation' will have me pining for the good old days when GS really meant something.

alas....
Really? I was on a plane with a guy the other day who claimed he had rumors about some new tier above GS for a very small number of flyers, but I didn't take him very seriously. He seemed like a bit of a snob.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Originally Posted by SteveDCA
RIP, poor 1K web site.
There was a time when it served a purpose. They announced special 1K only events (tickets to a Cubs game, Ravinia, etc) but those days are long gone. It is sad to see it go. 1K doesn't mean anything anymore.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
I've only been 1K for 3 years, and in that entire time the 1K-only site has been pretty well useless...can't say I even looked at it in at least 18 months. From this thread, I think two things become clearer: 1K used to really mean something but has been devalued. Second, that devaluation started years ago. It's not the merger, per se, but so far the merger has not given us much hope for a return to the former glory of the 1K product.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:07 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Originally Posted by rkisaacs
According to this link, the 1K site is no more -

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,52437,00.html

-
Believe the question was about 1K Voice e-mail contract which still exists and is still responded to.

To find the full e-mail address look at the back of your 1K card
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkisaacs View Post

Believe the question was about 1K Voice e-mail contract which still exists and is still responded to.

To find the full e-mail address look at the back of your 1K card
Now that I read the rkisaacs post again (ignoring the part about the "Secret Special 1K"), I see that you are correct.

Thanks for pointing out the error as I believe there are many who would want to e-mail 1K voice.

However, this thread is supposed to be discussing the 1K website.
-

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Jun 27, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.