Wiki Posts
Search

Is UA 804 not running 5-27? (NRT-IAD)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Is UA 804 not running 5-27? (NRT-IAD)

Can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not bookable. Not showing up in flight status on ua.com.

It appears to be running next Friday June 3.

This might explain why most of the C seatmaps are zeroed out or close to it for 5-27. Doesn't look good for us waitlisters on the other TPAC flights this date.

What gives?
Old May 26, 2011, 11:14 am

Cannot find 803 IAD-NRT for today 5/26 either - except that it is normally NOT the same aircraft that turns IAD-NRT-IAD. This flight is a 777/XQ config of which UA have very few - so if one went tech they may have canceled these two legs.

Fwiw, IAD-NRT 803 was still showing F4/A4/C9/D9 available for 5/27 (tomorrow) 24 hours before departure - which does not fit with an unscheduled cancellation of 803 today - because if re-bookings would have taken place they would have wiped out all F/C inventory.

Last edited by Peacock; May 26, 2011 at 11:36 am Reason: Clarity
Old May 26, 2011, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peacock
Cannot find 803 IAD-NRT for today 5/26 either - except that it is normally NOT the same aircraft that turns IAD-NRT-IAD. This flight is a 777/XQ config of which UA have very few - so if one went tech they may have canceled these two legs.

Fwiw, IAD-NRT 803 was still showing F4/A4/C9/D9 available for 5/27 (tomorrow) 24 hours before departure - which does not fit with an unscheduled cancellation of 803 today - because if re-bookings would have taken place they would have wiped out all F/C inventory.
Yeah, I came in on 803 and it was definitely not the same aircraft for the return as they were calling boarding for 804 as I walked off 803.

Not sure these are cancellations, maybe they scheduled them this way for a reason. But regardless, this is frustrating. The remaining flights are that much more heavily sold and possibility for upgrades appear to be next to nil. Strange to have such haphazard scheduling as this.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
I've been looking at this flight over the next few months. There seem to be a lot of days when UA 803 and 804 don't appear on the schedule at all. Not sure what's going on there.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:00 pm

IAD-NRT-IAD was reduced to 6 days each week following the earthquake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.