Wiki Posts
Search

RCC in MCO did not open at 5:45am

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat
RCC in MCO did not open at 5:45am

Hello, I had an early flight on Monday out of MCO (at 6:25am). I know that the website indicates that the RCC opens at 5:45am. I can tell you that I (and some other members) waited until 6am and the club did not have a sign to be open anytime soon (the lights inside were still off with no human presence that could be noticed inside). I know i was planning to grab some coffee and maybe some juice which i ended up buying from the shop across from the RCC and then i head to my flight. I am not sure if I should complain but at least the RCC website (and the sign at the door of this specific RCC) should state that they don't open at 5:45am (and show when they actually open).
Old May 5, 2011, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
In general, MCO is a poor excuse for an airport and they will operate by their own rules whenever they can.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:44 pm

Some times the folks at Taco Bell don't open the restaurant until 11:20am.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Brick
Some times the folks at Taco Bell don't open the restaurant until 11:20am.
Well, the thought of taco bell before 1130 am (or actually at any time) is kind of nauseating!
Old May 5, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I am surprised that they were not open at 5:45. I commonly take the 7am MCO-DEN, and usually get to the airport at 5:30, giving me time to avoid the Chertoff Radiation Units, as well as the grope, and also letting me dodge the hoards of kettles at the checkpoint...

Anyway, did you ask any of the gate agents before boarding your flight? Unless the hours changed, and .bomb was not updated, which could be possible, I suppose they could have been understaffed. However, CO has also placed some of their staff in the club, so I would think that they could have opened..

Old May 5, 2011, 3:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Stuff happens.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
The RCC @ MCO often opens after 6:00pm. When queried, they shrug their shoulders; MCO is my least favorite RCC...and domestic airport

deek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.