Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G is now a revenue fare for United

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Superguy
T fares are rare anymore. I used to find those all the time. Seems the only way you can get a T is on the Chase companion certs.

Seems like unless I'm on a rare occasion I find an L fare, S has been the cheapest.
Looking back at my United-Confirmation emails, it looks like most of my tickets for 2011 have been T fares..
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I guess it depends on the routing. I see T fares all the time domestically (I won't buy one internationally so I never check those).
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
T fares are rare anymore. I used to find those all the time. Seems the only way you can get a T is on the Chase companion certs.

Seems like unless I'm on a rare occasion I find an L fare, S has been the cheapest.
10 of my 26 booked 2011 segments are T, 4 are K,L
all domestic flights -- some west coast only , some transcons -- typically booked 6 to 8 weeks out.
Slight higher ratio than 2010 bookings
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE

I think it varies market to market. For example, when I get the best deal, I'm almost always in L when I fly to BUF, but almost never going to YYZ. There, you get T or K. It really depends on the fare rules UA wants to enforce. L only requires 7 days APEX. T requires 14 days and K 21 (I think).
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by RandomTaiwanese
will they release tickets cheaper than L? or will G simply be the new L?
K is cheaper than L, and K has been around for more than a year, though not as common as L.

I had bought K a year ago for MSP-HKG for only $800. This year even K had gone up to $1100.

I still found T all the time, S certainly is not the cheapest as it is above T (especially if you log in using advance mode, FACDZYBMEUHQVWSTLKG). L is lower than T and certainly seen it offer when there is a sale going on.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 27, 2011 at 11:46 pm
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
You can get T and/or K to YYZ? Usually, out of CVG, the best I can get to YYZ, for the last year or two, is W.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
when UA/LH was doing the europe sales between early jan til jan 10, L fares to europe were everywhere. (checked CDG, LHR, and BCN)

but i missed jan 10 for booking so now i am on L for BCN, and S for CDG and LHR.

as far as i know, E-fares are booked into L also.

the only time i had a K booking was ORD-SYD. but i know it was not the cheapest fare because i saw cheaper fares for an austrilian tware once. (do they still do twares?)
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: All opinions/interpretations expressed here are my own and are not officially sanctioned by UA
We just were briefed today that G would now be used for published fares and also that UA/CO booking codes are going to be aligned but we were told it would start on Feb 1st.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by N1120A
I think it varies market to market. For example, when I get the best deal, I'm almost always in L when I fly to BUF, but almost never going to YYZ. There, you get T or K. It really depends on the fare rules UA wants to enforce. L only requires 7 days APEX. T requires 14 days and K 21 (I think).
I got a K fare recently on the IAD-BOS leg of SFO-IAD-BOS. it was not booked 21 days or more at all.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow...never thought I would see the day that my K fare would trump another fare...lol...I did just notice that the one-way Continental codeshare fare between PDX-MCI is $89+ (listed as a "G" fare on continental.com) whereas the G fare is not available on ual.com so you have to purchase the more "expensive" K fare from UA for the same flights at $128+....I remember the days when I use to hunt for L fare availability...I guess K has become the new L...and maybe G is getting ready to take the place of K
PDX-MCI is what I am flying and I got the same price for G and K as you found. My flights are United flights booked on United.com.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I wondered about the "G" fare because I saw it today when looking at flights. I thought it mean Government. But it's definitely in the lower fare bracket from what I can tell.
G fares are definitely NOT Government fares on UA.

Government fares are usually either YCA or _CA, depending on the contract for restricted and discounted Y buckets. I've seen HCA and TCA in my experience, but I've also heard of VCA fares.
I've heard of (and flown) just about every Government _CA fare including HCA, MCA, QCA, VCA, TCA, LCA, etc., and of course my favorite YCA.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
G fares are definitely NOT Government fares on UA.

I've heard of (and flown) just about every Government _CA fare including HCA, MCA, QCA, VCA, TCA, LCA, etc., and of course my favorite YCA.
On AA, G is government fare
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by IslandSkies
We just were briefed today that G would now be used for published fares and also that UA/CO booking codes are going to be aligned but we were told it would start on Feb 1st.
Briefed by who?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by N1120A
L only requires 7 days APEX. T requires 14 days and K 21 (I think).
There is no pre-defined advance purchase requirement that applies to all fares within a bucket. Many L, T, and K fares have no AP requirement at all. Any fare can have any AP requirement, from none to 50 days (or maybe more - 50 days is the longest I've seen).
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Chandler69
Briefed by who?
Just a guess:

Since their handle has the universal UA employee disclaimer....

One might divine it was from UA/IM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.