Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who else prefers the rear-facing C seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
I like rear-facing. To stare at the engine(s) and contemplate. My head doesn't feel "heavy" and "drooping" when lying flat.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Well, well, well, and all these flights, I've done everything I could to face forward. Thought it would feel too weird to face backward. Now, after seeing all these comments, I'll fight just as hard to fly backwards the next time. I'm not a big fan of the new configuration because I still don't sleep that well in it (plus the storage problem). Maybe it is because my head's lower than the rest. But you can teach an old dog new tricks. Sorry, folks. See what you've gone and done? (This actually is a completely honest comment ... After all this discussion - especially as to motives - pardon me for not knowing who to believe.)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I thought the same way you do until I was forced to fly backwards SFO-SYD a few years ago(it was the last seat available by the time my SWU cleared). I was very pleasantly surprised by how completely normal and comfortable it felt. Give it a try! I suspect you will enjoy it too.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Wink

Originally Posted by Firewind
Well, well, well, and all these flights, I've done everything I could to face forward. Thought it would feel too weird to face backward. Now, after seeing all these comments, I'll fight just as hard to fly backwards the next time. I'm not a big fan of the new configuration because I still don't sleep that well in it (plus the storage problem). Maybe it is because my head's lower than the rest. But you can teach an old dog new tricks. Sorry, folks. See what you've gone and done? (This actually is a completely honest comment ... After all this discussion - especially as to motives - pardon me for not knowing who to believe.)
dont tell people it will be harder to get good seats.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by why fly
dont tell people it will be harder to get good seats.
I agree -- particularly upstairs n the 747! Shhhh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.