Wiki Posts
Search

UDU Sweeps not Happening

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Question UDU Sweeps not Happening

So, I'm noticing a new issue, perhaps with .bomb and wondering if it's just me or if others are having problems. I'm noticing that the UDU sweeps are not happening with my pending reservations. As a 1P, my UDU window happens at 72 hours. In the past, the upgrade status would go from "Pending" to either "Confirmed" or "Waitlisted".

Now, I'm finding that my upgrades just stay stuck at "Pending". I called on the outbound and the agent seemed unfamiliar with what was going on...she wasn't sure there was a problem, but tried to "force" it to put me on the list. Not sure what that means. It did eventually switch to "Waitlisted". It's now ~29 hours to my return and it's still stuck at "Pending". I'm just wondering if the sweep hasn't gone through or if it's a .bomb bug. Any thoughts or experiences?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
OP, perchance are you booked on a 777? Seems to be a factor until they lock in which configuration is servicing the trip.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Jgish thanks, but that's not it. I'm on A319 from STL-SFO. Seems like it would be an easy upgrade...although it's been pretty booked around the holidays.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
it may be "pending purgatory" -- this started occurring last month and had seemed to died down
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2010-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-ownwards.html
if it happens you need to call -- seems to be easily corrected. No clear theory on why it occurs but some have speculated it was unintended consequences due to changes to enable CO elites UDU
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:04 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by astroflyer
Jgish thanks, but that's not it. I'm on A319 from STL-SFO. Seems like it would be an easy upgrade...although it's been pretty booked around the holidays.
Perhaps STL-SFO doesn't have too many elites, but I have never heard of an A319 (with only 8 F seats) route as an easy upgrade. Heck, I failed to clear a B757 on LAX-SFO recently as 1P.

LAX
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
Perhaps STL-SFO doesn't have too many elites, but I have never heard of an A319 (with only 8 F seats) route as an easy upgrade. Heck, I failed to clear a B757 on LAX-SFO recently as 1P.

LAX
I was going to say the same thing. 319's aren't generally easy upgrades (and then just went to looking at my stats, which may seem to disagree with that statement - as a 2P, I'm 4 for 6 on 319 segments, but they were all on very short (<500 mile) flights).

As for STL-SFO - was there a schedule change on any of your flights? That has in the past been known to keep upgrades stuck at pending, which can bring up other issues such as the inability to use OLCI.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
A319 are never easy upgrades. That route for a 1P is not good:

http://udustats.com/Home/SearchResul...planeType=A319
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP

I've been on the STL-SFO Airbus and back again a few times. It's not as easy an upgrade as you think, and I'm a GS...
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
STL is elite heavy ( I dont know why). Everytime I fly there the waitlist is around 20 long. As a 2p I dont expect to make it, but I bet alot of 1K's arent either.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I just called in and they got the pending unstuck. The agent said this happens sometimes. She also didn't think it looked very good for an upgrade, so I guess all of you are right.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
A 319 has 8 seats in F and is seldom an easy upgrade.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:24 pm

I have noticed this happens with schedule changes, I was hoping it would be fixed by now. It is best to call in and have them remove you from the upgrade list and readd.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
True, not an easy upgrade, but Row 6 is almost as nice. Some of the best Y seats in the fleet.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a different issue - UDU says Waitlisted. F is wide open but the upgrades do not seem to be happening for a flight on Monday morning. Maybe the UDU Upgrade Machine (or IM/RM/YM) are on vacation?

Strange...
Old Nov 27, 2010, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by username
I have a different issue - UDU says Waitlisted. F is wide open but the upgrades do not seem to be happening for a flight on Monday morning. Maybe the UDU Upgrade Machine (or IM/RM/YM) are on vacation?

Strange...
F being wide open is irrelevant, it's what NF is that really matters, as this is the bucket that upgrades go into. If NF=0, then that is what is supposed to happen. Perhaps UA thinks they can sell those seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.