Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question - Buying Tickets at LHR Ticket Counter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Gold MM, SPG Plat

Does anybody have experience pricing a reservation with US call center in USD, then ticketing at LHR and applying Type-B (USD) vouchers ?? Any problems/issues to expect besides having the USD price converted to GBP? How about the vouchers, will they be applied before converting the price? How much time to budget for such a transaction?

During my last, and only, encounter with the LHR ticket counter I was seriously unimpressed.
(20 min to issue OZ e-visa, made typing mistakes rendering visa invalid, insisted on charging for it despite me pointing out that 1K are exempt....)
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Sounds like it might be better to avoid the ticket counter based on your experience. I've had a single but better experience than you. I suppose you're using the vouchers on your flight from LHR. But if not perhaps it would be better to use them at another counter...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.