Wiki Posts
Search

viewing UA award (on SQ) ticket online

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75, Marriott Platinum
viewing UA award (on SQ) ticket online

been trying to view this itinerary online on checkmytrip, virtuallythere, etc but been unsuccesful. I called SQ and got their record locators from them and cant figure out how to see these online. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I have the same problem with an SQ award I have on hold. I think that at least one segment has to be on UA in order for the trip to show up on My Itineraries...
Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75, Marriott Platinum
it wont show up in myitineraries.. there are numerous posts on this. Some FT's have managed to see their itineraries on other itinerary sites upon getting the record locator from the partner airline. However, this does appear to work for me
Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by deeman:
it wont show up in myitineraries.. there are numerous posts on this. Some FT's have managed to see their itineraries on other itinerary sites upon getting the record locator from the partner airline. However, this does appear to work for me</font>
This does work for LH. I did a quick search in the SQ forum and I couldn't find any definitive post on this subject. I guess I'd ask SQ to fax, email or snail-mail me my itinarary if I needed it or was worried about it? You could also pop 'round an SQ office and have them print out your itinarary?
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Somebody here was in the SQ HKG lounge recently...
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:57 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I've got the same problem with an award booking using UA miles on NZ. Can't see it at either checkmytrip.com nor virtuallythere.com. I'm not talking about the "my itineraries" function. I've got the booking reference from NZ, but that only seems to be an internal reference. Can't be used on those sites either.

My previous NZ award using LH miles was visible on checkmytrip.com. So, does UA use a different system to book award tickets? Or is there any other way I can look at them online?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:02 pm

I don't think it is possible

I've never been able to see my UA award bookings on any Web site.

The only way I know is for the UA agent to e-mail you the itinerary, but that is only a snapshot in time, not an up-to-date record.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:14 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Hmm, I wonder why that is...seems strange that LH award bookings on the same carrier are viewable online and UA ones are not. Aren't they using the same reservation system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.