Wiki Posts
Search

Early Premier/PremEx Qualification

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2004, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E
Early Premier/PremEx Qualification

Does anyone know what UA's current practice is on early qualification for Premier and PremEx? I have read last year's OnTrack threads which say that there is a secret mileage/revenue formula that might result in early qualification for certain combinations, but I don't think I would qualify for the high revenue (all leisure travel so far this year - business travel will be in Q2).

Thus far I have 30,000 BIS miles and will add another 10,000 next week. I likely won't reach 50,000 EQM until May or so. The MP web site currently says that I am 2P and gave me the 25% bonus for the latter segments of a recent transpac flight, but I'm wondering:

- will I get the 2P package right away or not until 2005?

- will I get any E-upgrades this year?

- will I get the 2P (and eventually 1P) benefits as soon as I qualify or not until 2005?

- is there any chance that UA will give me 1P early as a result of my BIS miles thus far, despite not being on high revenue taickets?

In the past AC sent the Prestige or Elite package as soon as you qualified (as early as February or March for me in the past). I've just switched to MP this year so I was curious if they did the same.

------------------
Oh Canada!
Standing on guard for thee...

[This message has been edited by ohcanada (edited Mar 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by ohcanada (edited Mar 07, 2004).]
Old Mar 7, 2004, 9:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
- will I get the 2P package right away or not until 2005?</font>
Right away (relatively speaking)

- will I get any E-upgrades this year?</font>
Yes. For every 10,000 miles starting from when you became 2P.

- will I get the 2P (and eventually 1P) benefits as soon as I qualify or not until 2005?</font>
As soon as you qualify.

- is there any chance that UA will give me 1P early as a result of my BIS miles thus far, despite not being on high revenue taickets?</font>
Yes. Can't hurt to ask. No automatic program in place in this time (that I am aware of)
Old Mar 7, 2004, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohcanada:
- will I get the 2P (and eventually 1P) benefits as soon as I qualify?</font>
Yes you will, but you will need to call United Reservations if you have any outstanding itineraries that were booked prior to becomming a 2P (and then a 1P) so they can re-enter your MP number and update your status. This is important for things like Economy Plus seating (as a 2P) and Exit Row seating (as a 1P).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.