Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for family as *Gold in Y

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access for family as *Gold in Y

I know that the rules are that *Golds can bring one guest into a lounge when travelling in Y. Any experience with bringing a spouse and kids? Specifically, in FRA, LHR, and NRT? Any difference between RCC and other * lounges?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have taken my parents as guests with me to the Senator Lounge in FRA on a domestic Y class ticket and never had any problems. If the Senator lounge is very busy they might ask you to use the Business lounge instead. One word of advice though: smoking is allowed in bouth lounges making this a rather unpleasant expereince for any non-smoker! The lounges can also be very full, meaning that you might not find a spot to sit. Unless you really need to and want to expose your children to second-hand smoke I would recommend not to use the LH lounge in FRA at all! Not sure if there are any other *A lounges there though.
As for NRT I would simply try and get in. Worst case they will send you away but being in polite Japan,I doubt they will do that.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 6:33 pm

Programs: Many
I've had no trouble in NRT or CDG.

Haven't tried in LHR, because usually they are shopping from check-in to boarding.

SIN SATS lounge has never allowed IME, I gave up trying to fight that battle some time ago.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jonu:
I know that the rules are that *Golds can bring one guest into a lounge when travelling in Y. Any experience with bringing a spouse and kids? Specifically, in FRA, LHR, and NRT? Any difference between RCC and other * lounges?</font>
I was admitted with wife and kid to the RCC in Frankfurt last December without any problem. We were all travelling Y on LH. I'm 1P and they have no status.

BTW, the RCC in FRA doesn't allow smoking (as opposed to the LH lounges). However, it is small and not particularly exciting.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by unagi1
I've had no trouble in NRT or CDG.

Haven't tried in LHR, because usually they are shopping from check-in to boarding.

SIN SATS lounge has never allowed IME, I gave up trying to fight that battle some time ago.
Any experience accessing ICN and NRT SQ lounges with family? I'm UA 1P and planning a trip with my family (wife + 2 children).
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Frankfurt lounges

Originally Posted by UALWN
BTW, the RCC in FRA doesn't allow smoking (as opposed to the LH lounges). However, it is small and not particularly exciting.
I was in the RCC and 2 of the Senator lounges on trips through FRA last week. The RCC was far more comfortable and less crowded. I'm not sure about getting through passport control, but you can go through security to get to the RCC, even if your flight is from another terminal.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:53 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
It seems LH lounge at FRA is one of the busiest and most noisy lounge in the world.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA
One time there was a matron at one of the LH lounges who said you can bring only one guest, you choose

That was the first time in I heard that line. I never had an issue on 5 other times.

PS: The RCC lounge is smaller - thogh the smoking and non smoking sections in LH lounges are next to each other - i was able to find a spot away from the smoking section.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by jonu
Thanks for the info.!
Could you share your experience?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Per *A rules one guest is allowed. However airlines tend to make exceptions with their own *G customers. Not sure about LH.

F.R.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:45 am
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UAGold/MM DL AA
I've traveled extensively as the only 1P with my wife and 2 boys... Never been denied entry at RCCs (EZE, MIA, ORD, LAX, SFO, HKG, NRT). But other *Gold lounges have been hit-and-miss... Certainly the SATS lounge in Singapore is a stickler... by then my wife was also 1P, so no problems :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.