FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Optathlon Game on United's Website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1107650-optathlon-game-uniteds-website.html)

unavaca Aug 27, 2010 10:29 am

Originally Posted by raj_cl (Post 14556668)
I thought I was the only one who was singled out to be deined a 10%. I've been trying for over a week now...was about to give up, shall try again.

Question - do you just click on the try for instant win, regardless for how well you did in that particular game?

Scores are irrelevant. When I'm pissed off at the random number generator, I will try to get the shortest possible jump (see upthread..) ;)

Quasiconvexity Aug 27, 2010 11:31 am

Originally Posted by kingsubbu (Post 14375676)
Anyone managed any jumps shorter than 6ft? ;)

Looks like my record still stands :D

bmvaughn Aug 27, 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by kingsubbu (Post 14557345)

Can only get as short as 7ft.

FriendlySkies Aug 27, 2010 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by kingsubbu (Post 14375676)
Anyone managed any jumps shorter than 6ft? ;)

Originally Posted by kingsubbu (Post 14557345)

I just "jumped" 6ft.. I wonder if you can go lower.

eeebee Aug 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Has anyone had any luck getting more than one win for an RCC pass when playing on the phone the same day as your flight? I haven't flown since the game started, but I've got two trips coming up... a very short MR, then a TATL flight a week later. If the likelihood of winning more than one RCC pass is slim, I probably won't give it a try on the day of my short MR, in hopes that I can use it for my international flight when I'll be at the airport longer. But if they're giving them out often, I wouldn't mind going to the RCC both times!

hellyea Aug 28, 2010 10:25 am

I still can't get my 10% off code to work. I got two, and niether one of them work.

unavaca Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Anyone have the .apk's for Android? The Market won't show them for my Incredible.

dearbee Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by eeebee (Post 14558545)
Has anyone had any luck getting more than one win for an RCC pass when playing on the phone the same day as your flight? I haven't flown since the game started, but I've got two trips coming up... a very short MR, then a TATL flight a week later. If the likelihood of winning more than one RCC pass is slim, I probably won't give it a try on the day of my short MR, in hopes that I can use it for my international flight when I'll be at the airport longer. But if they're giving them out often, I wouldn't mind going to the RCC both times!

Not here. I was in YYC when I remembered about the game, played on my iPad and won the searched pass. I searched for the lounge but found it in the domestic terminal. I was in the into terminal en route to sfo so I didn't try it in YYC. I had a 90 min connection in sfo so I did use the pass. Crowded as heck so I just used the restroom and got some free drinks. I did try to use the tmobile pass but the code did not work.

Not too impressed with the RCC.

gradient-echo Aug 30, 2010 2:06 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 14558363)
I just "jumped" 6ft.. I wonder if you can go lower.

By "jumped" are you guys referring to your combined score for all 3 jumps? I'm guessing that's the case, as I just did three 3-foot jumps in a row, for a score of 9 points. :D

This was on the iPhone version...

neuron Sep 1, 2010 3:49 pm

I am hooked on the bubble's game, damn bees!!!! Can't seem to break 400K.

I also got one of those 10% certs yesterday, but it does not work!!!! :mad:

kannon99 Sep 2, 2010 1:33 am

Same problems here too, the last two 10% off I won don't work.

FriendlySkies Sep 2, 2010 7:51 pm

UA just brought in a new game. "Suitcase Skyway"

You are flying a suitcase through different loops, in an effort to reach your destination on time. Green speeds you up, Gold really speeds you up, and black slows you down..

unavaca Sep 2, 2010 7:59 pm

179th place on the suitcase game on the first try!

ACVBear Sep 2, 2010 8:51 pm

hahaha don't worry people some of us are STILL striking out with the 10% e-certs or any other kind of win... but at least these games still let me avoid work so ...

as for the 6 ft jump... that is impressive!

neuron Sep 3, 2010 9:12 am

Well, finally gave up and called web support -- seems if they do not work, it needs to be called in and they will manually enter in a 10% off, as even they cannot get my code to work. I asked them to forward it to technical support .bomb to try and correct the issue, but not holding my breath for a resolution on the matter.

has anyone had any luck booking online with a code?