FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Optathlon Game on United's Website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1107650-optathlon-game-uniteds-website.html)

unavaca Aug 23, 2010 12:09 am

The new bubble game is awesome. Way more fun than the last two! Haven't won anything yet, though...

Henwurst Aug 23, 2010 1:43 am

I won a RCC pass today (first try). Not that I needed it much for my short connection in SFO, but at least I could pick up an internet code for future use. ^

flyingbroom Aug 23, 2010 3:16 am

line jump all of a sudden is not working anymore.

i have been raking in certificates. works well especially after midnight.

unavaca Aug 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbroom (Post 14529114)

I've been having a terrible time getting certs between midnight and 2AM PDT. Which game?

AndrewT84 Aug 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 14528787)
The new bubble game is awesome. Way more fun than the last two! Haven't won anything yet, though...

Agree...the other ones I would just play and lose as quickly as possible to try for an eCert...this one I actually play. :)

ACVBear Aug 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbroom (Post 14529114)

how are you people "raking in certificates"? I haven't won ANYTHING haha
agreed the new game is fun though

holtju2 Aug 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Is there something wrong with these 10% off ecerts?

Just won one earlier today and when I try applying it online it just returns an error message:

We were unable to validate the promotion code or eCertificate number you entered. Please verify that the code or number is entered correctly and the promotion has not expired.

WineCountryUA Aug 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 14532714)
Is there something wrong with these 10% off ecerts? ....

Just check an Optathlon 10% e-cert from last week and it worked fine in a dummy booking (SFO-EWR default dates)

Doug 1029 Aug 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 14532714)
Is there something wrong with these 10% off ecerts?

Just won one earlier today and when I try applying it online it just returns an error message:

We were unable to validate the promotion code or eCertificate number you entered. Please verify that the code or nhumber is entered correctly and the promotion has not expired.

I've won nine in the past three weeks and have personally used three without a problem. Have done dummy bookings with several others today and didn't get any error messages.

uiucsb Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller76 (Post 14528269)
Just won my 2nd RCC pass and have a 10% off coupon as well. ^.

Can I win the RCC passes in advance of my travels? I am under the impression that I can only use a won RCC pass on the day I won it. Is that true? Or, should I be playing the games every day hoping for a RCC pass that I'll use in the future?

FriendlySkies Aug 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Doug 1029 (Post 14532834)
I've won nine in the past three weeks and have personally used three without a problem. Have done dummy bookings with several others today and didn't get any error messages.

Wow, since the games came out over the summer, I've only been able to win one RCC pass, which doesn't help since I have a membership to the club..

Ripper3785 Aug 23, 2010 3:58 pm

I just won a 10% ecert and tried to use it and got the dreaded "We were unable to validate the promotion code or eCertificate number you entered. Please verify that the code or number is entered correctly and the promotion has not expired."

Pretty annoying as I wanted to use this while a decent HNL-EWR fare is available.

follow-up: Used the web chat feature and the agent told me it takes 24 hours to activate the certificate.:rolleyes:

StatusJon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm

I have been playing the bubble one for hours (oops) and got as high as #74 on the leader board. No whiff of certificates.

How do you earn them? By scoring well? By clicking instant win after every play? What?

Antipode Aug 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by uiucsb (Post 14532938)
Can I win the RCC passes in advance of my travels? I am under the impression that I can only use a won RCC pass on the day I won it. Is that true? Or, should I be playing the games every day hoping for a RCC pass that I'll use in the future?

It was posted earlier in this thread that it's only valid for the next two days.

Ripper3785 Aug 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by StatusJon (Post 14533315)
I have been playing the bubble one for hours (oops) and got as high as #74 on the leader board. No whiff of certificates.

How do you earn them? By scoring well? By clicking instant win after every play? What?

I did it by clicking instant win after the first play of bubbles.