Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Use the 1K Bev Voucher to pay for snack boxes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use the 1K Bev Voucher to pay for snack boxes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Counsellor
That's new! When did that start (and where were they handed out)?

Not good news. I'm still using some of the old blue ones I got years ago, as well as the current grey ones.
At IAD, this month. They were, in fact, photocopies of the standard gray vouchers, which have no expiration dates, and they had written on them "good until July 31." They are, in fact, the only 2 of 6 that I have used...both at IAD! I hope it is not a trend...
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Most of my flights are upgraded so I donate my drink chits to serviceman that I found at airports, you have to see their face, they do appreciate that very much
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hilarious!

Originally Posted by unavaca
The FA wouldn't take one for a snackbox on a tcon last month. Those things aren't worth chit.
Very nice!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I was only successful once, almost a year ago, in getting a chit accepted for a box.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K , AA PLAT, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by N1120A
I was only successful once, almost a year ago, in getting a chit accepted for a box.
Tried a few times .. no luck ... always the same .. "can't be done" ...
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by karung99
Most of my flights are upgraded so I donate my drink chits to serviceman that I found at airports, you have to see their face, they do appreciate that very much
Very good idea, indeed. I shall start doing that too. Thanks for the good idea.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
Very good idea, indeed. I shall start doing that too. Thanks for the good idea.
Is it a good idea, though? Many servicemen are under 21. Others may have too much to drink, possibly leading to unbecoming conduct. What could possibly work is asking an FA if they would accept your drink chit for a snack box for a serviceman on the flight who might ask to buy one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.