Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) gate changes for UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...

For those of you who fly through CLE, you know that we are located on the B concourse. Well I'm just going to throw this out there that we're going to be moving our gates soon to the C concourse. I believe within the next two weeks actually. Now that being said, it sounds like we are going to hold gates C20-22, when all is said and done. But as of right now, that's the only change that I honestly know of. Ticket counter and baggage service are still planning on staying at the same place until further notice. So ladies and gentlemen, if you're not familiar with CLE and where the new gates are supposed to be, please kindly remove the Hemisphere from the seat back pocket and reference the CLE airport. If you look to the C concourse and notice the "half banjo" looking part, there at the end will be our gates. A good 5-10 minute walk to/from our ticket counter/baggage service office.

I thought I'd throw a heads up to all you friendly fliers out there. BTW- speculation date is June 9th for the move. Once i get firm word, I'll definitely repost.

Thanks for flying.
-CLEUA-

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53418,00.html

Thought I'd post the UA link if you're not next to a hemisphere at this moment.
-cheers-
Old May 26, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
This is really, really great news IMHO. Glad to hear it!

The B gates never impressed me that much and with the new Great Lakes Brewing and Paninis in C, that is even better.

And, since the CO PC is near C 20 - 22, it is now an even shorter walk for me from the club to my UA flight when I visit the lounge. I heartily applaud this move!

Thanks for the update and look forward to more of your posts.
Old May 26, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Super, I have a connection on June 10, arriving on UA, and connect to CO, in 33 minutes, this move will definitely help a lot. Please update with actual move date. thanks.
Old May 26, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
For those of you who don't remember United was located in the C concourse from the day it first opened at the end of April 1969. It was then called the south concourse. United had a large operation here and then started building it's hub in the 1970's. United also had the ticket counter where Continental is. I am not sure when UA moved to the B concourse,
probably in the late 1980's when it de-hubbed CLE.
Now, how about Delta moving the ex NW gates to concourse B to consolidate operations. It;s a little strange, Orig DL flights at times use the
ex NW gates for ATL, CVG, and JFK, and you see DTW and MSP flights use
DL gates in B.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
So glad this is happening! I'm a little tired of hiking over to C22 to the PC. The merger is already happening! (jk).
Old May 28, 2010, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
For those of you who don't remember United was located in the C concourse from the day it first opened at the end of April 1969. It was then called the south concourse. United had a large operation here and then started building it's hub in the 1970's. United also had the ticket counter where Continental is. I am not sure when UA moved to the B concourse,
probably in the late 1980's when it de-hubbed CLE.
Now, how about Delta moving the ex NW gates to concourse B to consolidate operations. It;s a little strange, Orig DL flights at times use the
DL gates in B.
I think United moved to Concourse B around 1988...United's three B gates used to be Eastern's gate area. When Texas Air got control of EA they eventually moved over to Continental's gates in Concourse C and UA took over EA's three B gates. I vaguely remember flying UA into CLE in September 1987 and arriving in the C gate area so I don't think they had moved at that point.
Old May 28, 2010, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Ticket counter and baggage service are still planning on staying at the same place until further notice. So ladies and gentlemen,
until they disappear, or rather, all the 'native' CO services switch to UA...
Old May 28, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Well, I talked with the tech boys and the boss yesterday. Everything is still scheduled for June 9th. Also, I was corrected on the baggage service office. We're going to be moving that over near the CO BSO, across from carousel 7. (Last know as the old NW BSO.) Counter stays the same. Just some final reconstruction matters and some new wiring are all that's left before the move.
Old May 28, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: UA G
Outta curiosity, who's paying for this move? Is UA voluntarily relocating (and thus paying for the move)?
Old May 28, 2010, 10:42 am

back home

Cleveland from the 1940's to 1982 was a United town--with the moves of the gates to C and (hopefully) full merger approval we will again be UAL all the way.

as a 1K i cannot wait!!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Reminder...

Just a reminder ladies and gentlemen, our new move in CLE begins operations out of the C gates tomorrow, June 9th. I do stand corrected on gate numbers as they are C-21, 22, and 23. (Misinformation from manager at the beginning.) It doesn't look right now that our baggage service office move is ready yet as they're still deconstructing and reconstructing the inside office area. (Complete mess inside when i went to check it out.) So, unfortunately we're still using carousel 2 until further notice.

Enjoy the scenery and the exercise as you head to our new gates. Oh and pardon our mess as we're still doing some renovations to our areas.

Thank you,
-CLE-

Oh and unavaca I believe our realty company set up the lease and what not, so whatever they decided to pay for the move is what we're leasing for the gates. I'm just a lowly peon in this chess game of life, so I really don't have specifics.

And yes, to all who are interested, UA is moving back home to the C Concourse. It's going to be interesting for all parties involved.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Sounds like (makes sense) United is obviously starting changes at large CO hubs and stations. I wonder what's going on at IAH and EWR ?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
DL gates in B.
From talking to one of the red coats in CLE, they will be taking over B3 and B5 within the next few weeks, and will be able to use B6 ( former DL gate ) and B7 for IRROPS or RONs. They will abandon the gates on C.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:46 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
With DL moving out of C6 and C8 consolidating over to A, and taking the UA gates why did,nt they just trade so UA could take C6 and C8 and you would not have such a hike to the end of C. C4 is also empty.
UA like all the other airlines at CLE has been replacing mainline aircraft with RJ's, is that why they are going to gates C23.

The UA hub at CLE was dismanteled in 1986, when IAD was opened.

Will the UA flight information be put on the CO monitors.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 9, 2010 at 3:54 am Reason: merge
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:12 am
RNE

Originally Posted by CleUnited
Enjoy the...exercise as you head to our new gates.
Much ado about nothing. CLE is so small it doesn't matter where your ticket counter and gate are; to call C a hike is . Now, maybe Concourse D, yeah.

...why didn't they just trade so UA could take C6 and C8 and you would not have such a hike to the end of C.
Because it's not a hike down to the 20s and, besides, they are conveniently near the PC.

H.P. Lovecraft, saying, "It's Concourse D for dread."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.