Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Use for Companion Cert

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2003, 3:50 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suzy1K:

Perhaps with a wee bit of tape to attach it to the extra seat for when the FA/GA tries to put someone there.
</font>
Or you could have auh2o on your flight! There is no way in h$ll they would have gotten away with that if it had been me.

Old Oct 20, 2003, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Happy to report that I also was able to have my companion assigned to the same PNR on an upcoming trip!! Very cool.

While the CSR didn't know how to do it, she gladly called the support desk and had them walk her through it. When she came back on, I asked if she had any ideas about what could tell another CSR to "help them through it." She laughed and said, "It's not as simple as pressing a button. They're probably going to have to call the help desk." Oh well.

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Oct 20, 2003, 2:29 pm

Programs: Many
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suzy1K:
Perhaps with a wee bit of tape to attach it to the extra seat for when the FA/GA tries to put someone there.</font>
Or link some linens together like in that UA900 thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I emailed this thread to Randy a couple days ago as this kind of neat but legal loophole he often likes to highlight.

I notice it was featured in the Miles Link email I got a couple hours back.

A wonderful gimmick to use up those Companion certs!
Old Oct 20, 2003, 2:46 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
About the GA who assigned disjoint seats to a large person, who paid for two seats, "to be cruel"...

The large person now has the right to raise the armrest next to one of the seats he bought, and the FA can choose which. If my assigned seat was next to one of his, I would be happy to sit in the other of his.

If I was standing by and given the companion seat taken from but not vacated by a large person who did as this thread title said, I would expect the right to walk off the plane and have the airline stand me by again.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited 10-20-2003).]
Old Oct 20, 2003, 5:38 pm

You'll find a link to this thread in the latest edition of Talkmail.

goodo
Old Oct 21, 2003, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
(just to reiterate ... I am not fat! -- as the CDG agent wrote). Ozstamps can vouch for me
Old Oct 21, 2003, 12:33 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Ozstamps can vouch for me </font>

And I have a bridge for sale in the New York area...
Old Oct 21, 2003, 12:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iluv2fly:

And I have a bridge for sale in the New York area...
</font>
I'll take the GWB, how much ?

goodo

Old Oct 21, 2003, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

(just to reiterate ... I am not fat! -- as the CDG agent wrote). Ozstamps can vouch for me </font>
Well lets put it this way. If I had to choose a seat mate for my 14 hour flight tomorrow to LAX, and one Candidate was Suzy1K and the other candidate was Iluv2fly, well ..... Nope I can't bring myself to type the answer. Marty is such a delicate flower and easily offended.

(Also Joh may be reading. )

------------------
Don't forget the FT Party In Paradise 'PiP' Hana Hou - in HNL Oct 25-27
Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
... I am not fat! -- Ozstamps can vouch for me </font>
And he's not the only one!!

See you in London and Best wishes!, Dave
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:48 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Well lets put it this way. If I had to choose a seat mate for my 14 hour flight tomorrow to LAX, and one Candidate was Suzy1K and the other candidate was Iluv2fly, well ..... Nope I can't bring myself to type the answer. Marty is such a delicate flower and easily offended.

(Also Joh may be reading. )

</font>
Heck, I wouldn't want to sit next to me for a 1-hour flight, let alone a 14-hour one!!

Old Oct 21, 2003, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
One last little bit of wisdom: if you do get the two exit row seats on the 777 on an overnight, it's kinda hard to sleep since you can't pull up the armrest ... </font>
I have a friend who is a mechanical engineer. He flys often, is a big guy and his company, aside from trying to steal his miles from him (now he puts his flights on his personal cc and gets reimbursed), will only book him in Coach, even internationally so, when able, he sits in the emergency rows.

He told me how to go under the seats, or something like that, and pull some pins, or something like that, and, presto! (supposedly), the armrests pop out. And there is a slightly different way, but I think he described how to do it whether the seat reclines or not. And, he added, the FA never minded because he said to make sure you tell them that you will put them back.

I wasn't paying attention very well, just thinking I would check this out, if needed, next time I was stuck in coach. Perhaps someone else knows exactly how this works? He said he originally learned how to do it from an FA.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Or was it the seatbelts that one can pop off?
Old Oct 21, 2003, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lisamcgu:
He told me how to go under the seats, or something like that, and pull some pins, or something like that, and, presto! (supposedly), the armrests pop out. And there is a slightly different way, but I think he described how to do it whether the seat reclines or not.
</font>
Well, in the UA planes, at least, the exit row armrests don't come up because they're solid and hold the tray tables; taking them apart would be a pretty big deal, I would think. I think he was talking about either a different airline, or, as you suggest, the seatbelts...

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.