Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Possible to Visit T1 US Club at LAX During 3.5 Hour Layover (UA Itinerary)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:59 am
Original Poster

I got a 3.5 hour connection in LAX. I am flying in on UAX and leaving on UA. Is there a way I can make it to the US Air Club in T1 and then back to the UA gates for my departure?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 13, 2010 at 7:44 am Reason: Thread title too vague
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM
3.5 hour is plenty of time to visit the US Air Club.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will have to leave security, re-clear security for the US Club, and then re-clear security for your onward UA flight.

Plus, I'm not sure you'll be allowed to clear security by US since you will lack a boarding pass for a flight that leaves from that area.

That said, I believe there are reciprocal benefits and with your US Club membership, you should be able to use the RCC and never have to leave/re-clear security.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Plus, I'm not sure you'll be allowed to clear security by US since you will lack a boarding pass for a flight that leaves from that area...
US shares the terminal with WN, which is a benefit for once. Get a fully refundable fare to LAS and print out the BP and then get in the terminal. Then just cancel the flight and get a refund. Not that I'm condoning this.

Plus, the US club is nothing special so the RCC may be a better bet, unless you really want to go to US.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CactusFlier
I got a 3.5 hour connection in LAX. I am flying in on UAX and leaving on UA. Is there a way I can make it to the US Air Club in T1 and then back to the UA gates for my departure?
Any particular reason you want to visit the US Air Club given the RCC and Presidents Club in T7 & 6?

3.5 hours is plenty of time, but you will:

1) have to make your way over to Terminal 1 via shuttle bus or walking across the parking lot
2) need to have a boarding pass for US Airways flight
3) presuming that the credential you are planning on using is an RCC card, you will again need to show that US Airways boarding pass (if you have a US Air club lounge membership, you should have reciprocal privileges at the RCC anyway)

It's a big pain (will have to go the purchase a refundable ticket and then refund it after clearing security route) and a lot of hassle for a pretty crappy lounge, when you should have access to the RCC anyway.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: 1K
I wouldn't do it. You waste a lot of time going through security 2 times. Depending on your departure time, security at LAX can be a pain in the *ss. Even for elites.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:09 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Why would you want to punish yourself? Security line at T1 can be a nightmare - i saw it went all the way to T2 in the last few times driving by.

I would stick with the President's Club in T6 if you want to get some complimentary adult beverages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.