FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1069868-chase-milage-plus-visa-50-000-miles-sign-up-promotion.html)

CMHdoc May 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Got my 50k 3 days after statement closing. Sent a secure message to Chase asking to product swap to the Select Visa, they said they wouldn't do it. Sucks, I really wanted the 2x miles for gas, groceries etc and bonus anniversary miles, don't care about the annual fee. Couldn't pass up 50k miles though, no regrets.

RNE Jun 1, 2010 10:49 am

With the postal holiday over, I figure the Dear John letters from Chase will begin arriving this week, if not this very day. Be brave. :D

gree0411 Jun 1, 2010 1:16 pm

PM if need a referral for United M+ Chase Visa

I just got my card and would be happy to refer anyone. I get 15k and you get the feeling of knowing you helped somebody out. PM me and we can discuss further. This is not for the 50k card. I wish. Thanks.

dinosims Jun 1, 2010 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 14056879)
With the postal holiday over, I figure the Dear John letters from Chase will begin arriving this week, if not this very day. Be brave. :D

I'm not so sure. My hunch is that they never made it to the right system, and are lost forever in the quagmire that is Chase.

Giggity.

longleaf Jun 1, 2010 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by gree0411 (Post 14057813)
I just got my card and would be happy to refer anyone. I get 15k and you get the feeling of knowing you helped somebody out. PM me and we can discuss further. This is not for the 50k card. I wish. Thanks.

I was gonna refer someone for the bonus. When my friend called he said the annual fee for the cad tied to that promo was something like $120, and the agent wouldn't wave it (and it was for only like 30,000 miles or somewhere thereabouts).

Happy Jun 1, 2010 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 14056879)

Dont hold your breath for you may never get the letter.

RNE Jun 1, 2010 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by dinosims (Post 14058028)
I'm not so sure. My hunch is that they never made it to the right system, and are lost forever in the quagmire that is Chase.

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 14058950)
Dont hold your breath for you may never get the letter.

You both may be right, but I don't think so. ;) Still, is the cold shoulder (i.e. no letter) any better than a Dear John letter? It's no dice, either way.

Alvin C. York, saying, "We made a valiant attempt, gentlemen, and we may yet prevail!" :cool:

rtraveler Jun 1, 2010 8:47 pm

How long does it take to get an answer? It's been two weeks and I keep calling and I get a pre-recorded message that they will respond in writing within 30 days.

nwflyboy Jun 1, 2010 10:39 pm

I applied for the 50k card offer about 24 hours before it ended. Got my 50k miles a week ago (I asked for a quick statement closing date). My wife applied a few hours before the cutoff on the last day, and didn't do anything to tweak the closing date. Her 50k miles posted today.

I think anyone who is going to get the miles should have received them today (assuming you did your first spend right away, and didn't ask for a later closing date).

Best of luck to all.

Antipode Jun 1, 2010 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 14060673)
I think anyone who is going to get the miles should have received them today (assuming you did your first spend right away, and didn't ask for a later closing date).

I'd guess that the closing date is going to depend on the approval date, not the application date. But the miles do seem to post about 2-4 days after closing, so if you get them, you will get them quickly.

gree0411 Jun 2, 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by longleaf (Post 14058439)
I was gonna refer someone for the bonus. When my friend called he said the annual fee for the cad tied to that promo was something like $120, and the agent wouldn't wave it (and it was for only like 30,000 miles or somewhere thereabouts).

My wife referred me and it was $60 for the 30k card.

Converse34 Jun 2, 2010 2:31 pm

My husband applied for his card on April 29th. Made a purchase on 5/16 and statement closed on 5/19. He received the miles for the purchase, but not the bonus miles. Has this happened to anyone else? I sent an email to Chase asking when we can expect the 50k miles.

longleaf Jun 2, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by gree0411 (Post 14064443)
My wife referred me and it was $60 for the 30k card.

Was that for the 15,0000 mile bonus or the one of the lesser ones, per referral?

I called the phone number listed with the promo below to verify what my friend was talking about. The agent said the same thing (this was for the 15,000 mile bonus per referral). He said the fee was around 120$. I didn't try calling back to speak to another agent though.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,1360,1261,00.html

Even at $60 annual fee, i wouldn't do that to a friend. There are much better offers for someone to take than a United 30k offer, with annual fee, where they don't block awards. Were the fee waived i would have probably referred that person.

dinosims Jun 3, 2010 3:24 pm

After about half an hour with multiple people and departments at Chase, I've found the following:

The three times I went through the automated system, it was able to see my application (complete with the exact date of submission).

The three people I spoke to in the Customer Service Dept were able to see the application (complete with the exact date of submission) and that it was still pending.

The three people I spoke to in the Lending Dept were unable to see the application. They actually became pretty annoyed at me when I told them that other people at Chase could see the application, and said that 'our systems can see more than their systems' and 'the customer service rep must have gotten confused with your previous application'. Yeah, sure, they just made up the date that applied and happened to get it right....

Apparently there's no way for a customer service rep and a lending dept rep to actually talk through Chase's system - but that would be a pretty funny conversation to hear if I could set it up.

Happy Jun 3, 2010 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by dinosims (Post 14071767)
After about half an hour with multiple people and departments at Chase, I've found the following:

The three times I went through the automated system, it was able to see my application (complete with the exact date of submission).

The three people I spoke to in the Customer Service Dept were able to see the application (complete with the exact date of submission) and that it was still pending.

The three people I spoke to in the Lending Dept were unable to see the application. They actually became pretty annoyed at me when I told them that other people at Chase could see the application, and said that 'our systems can see more than their systems' and 'the customer service rep must have gotten confused with your previous application'. Yeah, sure, they just made up the date that applied and happened to get it right....

Apparently there's no way for a customer service rep and a lending dept rep to actually talk through Chase's system - but that would be a pretty funny conversation to hear if I could set it up.

In any case, this is THE dept that matters.

I think you and I already have made the conclusion the day after the link was broken - all Applications submitted on May 19 when the link mysteriously be found again, are stuck in a dark corner of Chase systems and would NEVER be seen by the lending dept.

We should have done what deant has done - to reapply using the prefilled method - at least we would get a chance to receive either a card or a Dear John - far better than a completely lost opportunity.

P.S.

I was going to do it after pondering a day or 2... Too late, that link was completely taken off by Chase. :mad: