FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1069868-chase-milage-plus-visa-50-000-miles-sign-up-promotion.html)

RNE May 24, 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by randys1 (Post 14013831)
great idea, problem is i want to open separate account for wife to get the miles and this prefills to me...i already have the card and the miles, i wanted to get more and in he name

Then, assuming she has a Chase account, get her to login (or login as her) and then follow the link.

randys1 May 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 14014217)
Then, assuming she has a Chase account, get her to login (or login as her) and then follow the link.

she has a card on my chase but not a chase of her own...so she, on her own, would be new to chase...

RNE May 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by randys1 (Post 14014252)
she has a card on my chase but not a chase of her own...so she, on her own, would be new to chase...

You'll probably have to open some account in her name with Chase. I'm guessing a checking account will do, but I'm not sure. I don't have checking with chase; at least not yet. Also, if you are going to have her open an account, you may want to check out this 25000 OnePass mile offer from Chase with CO. (Not sure if UA has a similar offer.) There's also Continental's Mileathon you may want to consider registering her for beforehand.

msmith387 May 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Are all of the MP cards offered through Chase called "Visa Signature" cards? I applied for the "MP Select Card" and the paperwork Chase sent back to me said I've applied for a "Visa Signature" card. Does this mean the "MP Signature" or just a "Visa Signature" card? Or in other words are all of the MP cards (Select, Red Carpet, E+) called "Visa Signature" cards as far as Chase is concerned?

I've called Chase twice and tried to explain to them my issue and that I want the "MP Select" card not the "MP Signature" card and they told me that there is no way of them knowing or verifying what actual card my application is for. They suggested I just wait and see what card comes in the mail...

RNE May 24, 2010 1:47 pm

The website refers to all the cards distinctly.

United Mileage Plus Signature Visa

United Mileage Plus Select Visa

United Mileage Plus Access Visa

United Mileage Plus Club Visa

msmith387 May 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks for the link to the site. Looking at all of the pictures of the cards on the site it appears they are all have a "Visa Signature" logo in the bottom right corner. So maybe Chase just views all of the cards as "Visa Signature" cards?

So I'm thinking that when Chase sends out the letter requesting copies of your SS card, proof of address, etc, they use the phrase: "Thank you for your recent application for a Visa Signature credit account with Chase Bank USA, N.A." regardless of the specific type of United Milage Plus card you've applied for, can anyone else verify this? In that request letter I received from Chase they never actually used the words "Mileage Plus" or "United" either.

RNE May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by msmith387 (Post 14015162)
Thanks for the link to the site. Looking at all of the pictures of the cards on the site it appears they are all have a "Visa Signature" logo in the bottom right corner. So maybe Chase just views all of the cards as "Visa Signature" cards? So I'm thinking that when Chase sends out the letter requesting copies of your SS card, proof of address, etc, they use the phrase: "Thank you for your recent application for a Visa Signature credit account with Chase Bank USA, N.A." regardless of the specific type of United Milage Plus card you've applied for...

I think your analysis is sound. That is, the mere mention of "signature" on the paperwork does not singify you didn't apply for the select card. However, many credit card offers include a fine print proviso allowing the issuer to give you a "lesser" card if they decide not to approve your "premium" card. I read Chase's offer details and pricing and terms carefully and did not find any such provision therein. So I think you're OK.

sharmaintl May 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by randys1 (Post 14014252)

I have the same problem. There seems to be no way to use the URL without her having an account on chase.com. If she applies for any other credit card, she will be unable to get approved for the United card. What a catch-22. I really do not want to open and fund a checking or savings account. Anyone have any other ideas?

unavaca May 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by sharmaintl (Post 14015877)
I have the same problem. There seems to be no way to use the URL without her having an account on chase.com. If she applies for any other credit card, she will be unable to get approved for the United card. What a catch-22. I really do not want to open and fund a checking or savings account. Anyone have any other ideas?

Open a different Chase credit card. You'll get online access as part of that account. It may take a week or two before that happens, though, since you can't open the online account until you get the card in the mail. Who knows if this page will be dead by then or not.

randys1 May 24, 2010 4:55 pm

payment posted today and so did the miles, that is fast...

RNE May 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by sharmaintl (Post 14015877)
...If she applies for any other credit card, she will be unable to get approved for the United card. What a catch-22...

No catch at all. As I suggested in Post 753, have her open a Chase checking account. That will establish an account with Chase without precluding eligibility to apply for credit card offers.

kathycali May 25, 2010 6:05 am

Chase statement appeared online 5/20. 50,000 bonus miles posted on MP account 5/20. Worked well for me.

RNE May 25, 2010 8:03 am

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 14012966)
Call a credit analyst and have them see why it's stalling.

Chase confirmed receipt of my application, but the agent states she cannot give me any information beyond that. I'll just have to wait. It's no big deal; I'm in no hurry.

Last night, my wife applied for the same UA-Chase 50K M+Visa/waived annual fee offer for which I applied. She received the same wait-and-see message. That may mean everybody gets that message for that particular offer; or despite finagling the form to work, the offer is indeed null and void; or there's something about our finances Chase wants a credit analyst to double check. I doubt the latter; my wife has a FICO as high as mine and, more tellingly, she applied for a CO-Chase 30K credit card AFTER applying for the 50K cars and was approved instantly.

Still, it would be nice if someone could confirm that the response I received after applying is or is not typical.

Thanks for Applying

We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.

roder May 25, 2010 8:26 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 14019064)
Still, it would be nice if someone could confirm that the response I received after applying is or is not typical.

I just applied using the log-in / link trick, and can confirm I got the same response-- that my application is being reviewd and will be notified within 10 days.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

randys1 May 25, 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 14019064)
Chase confirmed receipt of my application, but the agent states she cannot give me any information beyond that. I'll just have to wait. It's no big deal; I'm in no hurry.

Last night, my wife applied for the same UA-Chase 50K M+Visa/waived annual fee offer for which I applied. She received the same wait-and-see message. That may mean everybody gets that message for that particular offer; or despite finagling the form to work, the offer is indeed null and void; or there's something about our finances Chase wants a credit analyst to double check. I doubt the latter; my wife has a FICO as high as mine and, more tellingly, she applied for a CO-Chase 30K credit card AFTER applying for the 50K cars and was approved instantly.

how did she apply? did she already have a chase account of some kind?