Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK vs US membership...

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2003, 2:14 am
Original Poster

UK vs US membership...

Hi, I moved to the UK recently but left my UAL miles in the US, larglely because I was still using a US based credit card.

Anyway, with not much need for that card anymore, is there any reason I sould change my address to the UK? It seems there are never any bonuses for people on this side of the pond, so I probably shouldn't bother. Does anyone have a differing opinion?

- Scut
Old May 8, 2003, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I was in the same boat a few years ago... On occasion there are targetted bonuses for Europe residents. Also there "used" to be a freebie RCC membership for Europe based 1K's - I doubt this is still around. Since the membership was only useful on domestic US flights, it was a limited cost to UA considering most ex-Europe pax's may have limited US domestic flights.
Old May 8, 2003, 3:29 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Well having done this myself, I would say go ahead and switch. Unlike BA, UA will not penalise you for having your membership here. Though about 12 years ago, you did not earn the 500 mile certs (this has now changed and you do).

Every now and then we get some good promotions, like the 5,000 minimum status mile promotion a few years ago. Also, as far as the US promotions go, it never hurts to sign up for them as they sometimes do post.

There is also the unconfirmed rumour that 2P's flying ex-LHR get RCC access here. However, as I usually upgrade, it's a moot point. I amd personally considering getting an AC MLL card as it is cheaper than the RCC card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.