Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA put us on BA then arrived very late

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Looks like you are entitled to EU compensation, which is probably the fair thing. I would also ask United for original routing credit for the mileage.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by docbert
If I'm reading things right, UA booked him onto a flight that had a scheduled arrival around 4.5 hours later than his original (canceled) flight. It doesn't matter if that flight was on BA or UA, but UA was responsible for the 4.5 hour late arrival due to the cancellation of the original flight, and thus his beef is most definitely with UA.
I modified my original post.
And, yes. that's what exactly happened, sorry for my bad English...
I checked official arrival times and it's 4 hours 16 min late, not 4.5 hours. I don't know if it makes a difference, though...
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by Jamesr44
You can claim compensation as per the EC passenger rights. You can claim for the cancelled flight Euro 250 and also for the delay of the rebooked flight Euro 250 if delay was more tha 3 hours..take a look at www.euflyersrights.com it has a DIY or assistance program.
I looked at the web site, and it looks we should get Euro 250 for the cancelled flight as you said since LHR-BRU segment is less than 1,500km.
It looks in my case Euro 250 is fixed and it has nothing to do with our arrival time at BRU which is more than 4 hours later than original scheduled UA flight (rebooked BA flight was almost on time.)
Is that right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.