Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Which *A airlines give UA elites RDM bonus & 500 mile minimums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which *A airlines give UA elites RDM bonus & 500 mile minimums

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's listed under the Elite Bonus section of the OP - not the 500-mile minimum section.

Love that typo!
Thanks. Good catch.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by BH62
+1!!! Flew a(an) HA codeshare (w/ a UA flight #), OGG to HNL last August. BTW, a dinky 30(?) minute flight in E--. As far as HA is concerned, we didn't/don't exist. No miles for that flight whatsoever! BTW, Ms BH & I were 1p at the time; but that cut no ice. Even got dinged $$ for having 3 bags between us; $17 for that "extra" bag. From HNL home, on Ua w/ all the "usual" *G perks.
When Mrs (no status) and I flew HA from HNL-LIH, I asked agent at the check-in counter to add our UA FF# to our boarding passes. She said our fare wouldn't quality before I gave her our names. On our return flight, I asked the GA and he told me it probably wouldn't post but he did add them in the system. A week later, 500 miles got posted for both of us. So ask them to add it in for your future flights, it won't hurt.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
500 mile minimum on US Airways?

As part of our back-from-BWI-after-several-rebookings this past Monday, the 1st leg was BWI-LGA on US Airways Express. Got 185 *G EQM, plus a bonus for upclass to Y. Silly me, somehow I had the idea that the 500-mile minimum should have applied. True?/False? I know that I always get 500 miles for the DTW-ORD leg that I fly frequently, but that's on UA or UAExpress. Can someone point me to the "official" policy statement re USAirways & the like. (I know that if it's on HA, probably will never get *anything*)
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
As part of our back-from-BWI-after-several-rebookings this past Monday, the 1st leg was BWI-LGA on US Airways Express. Got 185 *G EQM, plus a bonus for upclass to Y. Silly me, somehow I had the idea that the 500-mile minimum should have applied. True?/False? I know that I always get 500 miles for the DTW-ORD leg that I fly frequently, but that's on UA or UAExpress. Can someone point me to the "official" policy statement re USAirways & the like. (I know that if it's on HA, probably will never get *anything*)
No 500 mile min. on US Airways........* As of July 1, 2008, all travel on US Airways credited to the Mileage Plus program accrues actual miles, with no minimum.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA G
+1!!! Flew a(an) HA codeshare (w/ a UA flight #), OGG to HNL last August. BTW, a dinky 30(?) minute flight in E--. As far as HA is concerned, we didn't/don't exist. No miles for that flight whatsoever! BTW, Ms BH & I were 1p at the time; but that cut no ice. Even got dinged $$ for having 3 bags between us; $17 for that "extra" bag. From HNL home, on Ua w/ all the "usual" *G perks.
It's even better now that they're charging first and second bag fees. They don't accept UA status as a waiver, either.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Can someone point me to the "official" policy statement re USAirways & the like.
See post #2.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat, HGP Dia, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by bmw9983
Air Canada just lost the 500 mile minimum - As of January 1, 2010, all travel on Air Canada credited to the Mileage Plus program earns actual miles, with no minimum
I've flown LGA-YYZ on AC 6 times since the beginning of the year and can confirm that I am still receiving 500 EQM and 1000 RDM
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYC2whereever
I've flown LGA-YYZ on AC 6 times since the beginning of the year and can confirm that I am still receiving 500 EQM and 1000 RDM
milski addresses this in post #7. minimum still applies for those with elite status. I have 4 ORD-YYZ trips planned for March-May and I'm sure at least a couple segments will be on AC, so the minimum for elites is nice.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DJ, QF, SQ, SPG.
Originally Posted by schley
500 Mile minimum

Adria
Air Canada
Air China
Asiana
Continental
Croatia
LOT Polish (250 on dis econ)
Lufthansa
South African
Swiss
Turkish

TACA
Think your missing BMI.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Bag Fee waiver on US

Originally Posted by unavaca
It's even better now that they're charging first and second bag fees. They don't accept UA status as a waiver, either.
We each checked a bag, me 1K & Ms BH 1p, w/ no fee. Actually, if you look far enuf down the US home page (or at least where bag fees are explained), there's a footnote that exempts *G pax. Or at least that's what I found on Monday.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 12, 2010 at 7:36 am Reason: fix html
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Noel Vice
Think your missing BMI.
* Effective May 1, 2009, Mileage Plus members will earn actual flight miles on bmi flights.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Premier Executive on US Air get 500 minimum miles?

Does Premier Executive get 500 minimum miles for Flying US Air when accuring miles to United Mileage Plus ?
I have got only the actual miles and bonus (actual miles ) on my mileage plus account.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 13, 2010 at 4:08 pm Reason: merged with existing thread
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver
Nope.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I can also confirm; just the miles flown...
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Wow, this is despite the fact that US elites earn 500-mile minimums on their own metal? Does earning actual miles flown apply to all CO/UA/US elites when flying on others' metal?

I presume having a UA flight number would make no difference, either?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.