Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Free gogoinflight code for those flying PS flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite

Gogo is running a promotion for a free or discounted session for gogo enabled flights so for those flying on PS flights, this may be of interest: http://upshot.gogoinflight.com/ground
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:48 pm

thanks! perfect since UATRYGOGO expired on 12/31 last year

edit: i take it all back...tried 10 diff email addresses...got 3rd place 10 times for 25% off only. better than nothing, but grand illusions of free internet access danced in my mind only to be crushed by clever marketing

Last edited by stupenal; Feb 5, 2010 at 3:55 pm
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:56 pm

Awesome! Won a free session! Doesn't C in PS get free internet anyway?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by United737522
Awesome! Won a free session! Doesn't C in PS get free internet anyway?
So did I. This really doesn't belong in the United forum because you can use the code on any airline that offers Gogo Inflight Internet Service. I plan to use my code on Delta.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
If it is free in C or F (have flown both in the past month), they are doing a bad job of letting the pax know!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by United737522
Doesn't C in PS get free internet anyway?
No.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: UAL Plat, 2+MM, AA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If it is free in C or F (have flown both in the past month), they are doing a bad job of letting the pax know!
To my knowledge there is no free wifi for C or F p.s. pax - there is no way you could make that distinction since any E passenger would be able to get the "free" code and use it. Just finished a SFO-JFK-SFO trip and paid for service both times (after using the free trial in December)
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Used a couple different e-mail addresses, when you use the code do you need to provide the corresponding e-mail address?

some previous discussion of this promo in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-2009-a.html
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Used a couple different e-mail addresses, when you use the code do you need to provide the corresponding e-mail address?
Are people getting the same result when using different email addresses on the same IP? I got 25% off and am hoping for more.

edit: i take it all back...tried 10 diff email addresses...got 3rd place 10 times for 25% off only. better than nothing, but grand illusions of free internet access danced in my mind only to be crushed by clever marketing
This seems to suggest that they lock a result to an IP address?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by fadeforward

This seems to suggest that they lock a result to an IP address?
I would venture to guess this is true. The guy in the gate area in LAX said you can play once a day.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Definitely not locked by IP. I played three times in a row with different emails and got 2nd (50% off), 3rd (25% off), and then 1st (free).
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
Played six times,

One first and 5 3rd place finishes No Powerball tonight...
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Played a bunch of times. 1 first place, 1 second place and a lot of 3rd places.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
The rules...

The Great Gogo Race Promotion. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Promotion begins at 12:00:01 am CT on 1/25/10 and ends at 11:59:59 pm CT on 2/28/10. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous U.S. and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Void in AK, HI and where prohibited. The odds of winning an Instant Win Prize are based upon the number of eligible entries received and the time in which they are received. Instant Win Prizes (600,000 available): a Gogo Inflight Internet session,
ARV: up to $12.95 each. The odds of winning a drawing prize depend on the number of eligible entries received each day. Daily Drawing Prizes (35 available):
a netbook laptop, ARV $349.99 each. For details and complete Official Rules, visit http://upshot.gogoinflight.com/official_rules.
Sponsor: Aircell LLC, 1250 N Arlington Heights Road, Suite 500, Itasca, IL, 60143.

Do you think that the FT community can claim most of the 600,000 prizes?

BTW, if you enter multiple times with multiple e-mails, keep track of which e-mail won what prize.

The e-mail that they send you only has the code and does not list your prize...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 6, 2010 at 7:50 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA G
For those trying more than once...

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/68063

This Greasemonkey script will bypass the "game" part and send you straight to the results screen after entering your email address/captcha. It'll also clear your session cookies after you get your code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.