Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stick with ual

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2003, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Will keep on flying United, Chicago's hometown airline.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:17 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
They do?

IMO, if it weren’t for the loan guarantee (which still is “conditional,”) I’d think US would go bust long before UA. FWIW, I think UA will survive for many years to come.
</font>
Let's see. They have equity upon reemergence from Chapter 11 coming from Retirement Systems of Alabama and GE Capital, labor agreements negotiated with all groups that maintain relatively flat wages over the next 6 years, and the new target CASM of 10.6 cents, which puts them only slightly above America West in costs. And they're planning on joining the Star Alliance soon. I think they have a really good shot at making it.

GE Capital wouldn't have volunteered to finance all those brand new aircraft (RJs) unless they have some confidence that US will survive or someone else will lease them.

Granted, US is not out of the woods yet, but I think they have a decent shot.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 7:12 am
Suspended

I am sticking and increasing my flights because it is getting so much easier to upgrade recently since so many of the Real 1Ks are jumping to AA. I hope they keep running and make more room for the Real Loyalists.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 12:36 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Sticking ... haven't seen a better
alternative, and with the perks of 1K,
I'd have to see a significantly better
and more stable situation before I'd jump.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA,DL,UA,US
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cbchicago:
Will keep on flying United, Chicago's hometown airline.</font>

For now anyway. As UA shrinks, I think AA will become the new Chitown airline. They already have pretty much schedule parity with UAL right now.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'm going to stick around as well but also cover my bases just in case...

Since I expect to fly about 100K this year, I plan to earn 1P during the first 6 months thie year and then ask for a comp or do something like a Plat challenge to earn status on NW or AA.

I was planning to go for 1K on UA until they changed the SWU rules...now I don't see the benefit of 1K over 1P
Old Feb 8, 2003, 11:40 pm

Programs: These views are my own and do not represent the views of United Airlines
Ok gang. I know that things are not great. But, we need you. Think of all those UA agents that have made a difference in your day. Its DO or DIE. We need you now.

Think of that kind UA person that went out of the way for you. (Yes, thats is the job)Would AA have done it for you. Please stand with us. Dont walk away. All days are not the best. But still, think of the day they cared about your meeting, your kids birthday, your vacation. I know you have all had some, or you wouldn't still be here. Please, stand by us.. We need you more than ever. Thanks for you time.... IND CORI

[This message has been edited by cdayind (edited 02-08-2003).]
Old Feb 9, 2003, 2:37 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hans:

I'm also not convinced the others aren't just a few months behind UAL in bankruptcy.
</font>
Bankruptcy is not really the issue... the ability to survive it is.

Old Feb 9, 2003, 3:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FOH:
Plus, US Airways actually has a plan for emerging from Chapter 11 that seems to be on track.</font>
They did then it came out that the pilots pension fund is 3.1 BILLION under funded(75%). So either the pilots give up 75% of their pensions or USAir goes CH 7 to pay back the fund, of course there's always The Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.