Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High Yield EQM/EQS taking longer to post?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
High Yield EQM/EQS taking longer to post?

So we flew from CUN to SFO on 1/2 and the 50% EQM/EQS bonus has not yet posted for either of us. Last year it used to be within about 48 hours of the flight posting. I called MP, but the 1K Line routed to ICC and they said the system hadn't updated yet and to wait until Saturday.

Anyone else had any similar experience of late?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SF1K
So we flew from CUN to SFO on 1/2 and the 50% EQM/EQS bonus has not yet posted for either of us. Last year it used to be within about 48 hours of the flight posting. I called MP, but the 1K Line routed to ICC and they said the system hadn't updated yet and to wait until Saturday.

I am having the same problem for a premium LH fare. The main miles posted and the asterisk is there though the bonus EQM/EQS have not posted.

There are a couple other threads that have popped up in the last few days highlighting the problem as well.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Some more than others
Yes, my A fare from last Sunday still hasn't posted the extra EQM or EQS.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

My re-route via Y on Wed 1/6 hasn't posted the bonus but it is asterisked in mileage summary--I emailed 1K Voice about it Friday--will post back the results
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K

I am having the same problem. I called Mileage Plus and they said the first sweep for the 50% EQM/EQS bonus will take place mid-January.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K >1MM ,QF Platinum,HH-Diamond,Marriott-Gold
Same issue,,,,,flew A class 1/4 and bonus EQM and mileage not posted yet
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by thepumpkin
Same issue,,,,,flew A class 1/4 and bonus EQM and mileage not posted yet
same issue here with F and Z fares LAX/ZRH AND LAX/GVA.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Just re-raises the age-old question: if DL, which historically has been 20 years behind the times in terms of IT, can get everything posted before the plane even lands, why do we have to wait for a weekly/semi-monthly/monthly/at-random "sweep" on UA?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by dliesse
Just re-raises the age-old question: if DL, which historically has been 20 years behind the times in terms of IT, can get everything posted before the plane even lands, why do we have to wait for a weekly/semi-monthly/monthly/at-random "sweep" on UA?
Because for whatever reason quick-posting isn't high on the priority list (if even on the list to begin with). Whomever the powers that be decided that the current system is fine (be it an original design decision, or something that came to be for whatever legacy reasons and not changed) - and instead is okay with telling customers to wait a few days/weeks for whatever thing to post.

Until this viewpoint that this is okay changes (or whomever gets the choice gets replaced by someone that feels differently), this is here to stay. Personally, there are a number of other things that I'd rather see improved over this - although I suppose this wouldn't hurt either (but not likely to happen).
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Yes, Delay and Lack of Information

I have experienced the same problem with delays. What's worse is that there does not seem a way to log in and get the eqms per trip. Miles, bonus miles, yes. Eqms no. I asked United about this and they confirmed it saying, "that's something that we will do in the future." I don't understand why they do not do it now because the only way I know is to keep very specific records on each trip and then compare these against United. A pain in the neck.

I was trying to see if all of my eqms had been counted before I booked a trip to Central America. I wound up having to call them and go through every trip and what the bonus eqms were.

I wish United would put EQMs on the very same way that miles go on. Miles earned, bonus miles, special promotions. That would make things easier for them, more informative for us, and better all around.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dliesse
No longer the case. Was nice when they used to do it though!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
update

I received an email today from 1KVoice confirming that they expect the COS bonus to post in the next 2 to 3 weeks (my flight was on 1/6)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: Various
COS bonus not posting?

Since the beginning of the year, I've flown 2 UA legs in Y and 4 CO legs in B. When I check my mileage summary, both UA legs show "Y" class, and 3 of the CO legs show "Y" class (the 4th shows Q class for some reason, which is a whole other issue that I will need to fix). It shouldn't matter that the CO legs show Y instead of B, because both are treated the same for RDM (no bonus) and EQM (50% bonus) accrual.

However, none of the legs have the little asterisk after the "Activity" description that indicates a 50% bonus (nor has such a bonus been posted). I've looked back to my flight postings from last year, and my Y/B and F/A/P do still have the asterisk. Has anyone else who has flown F/C/Y (etc.) this year seen the bonus in their mileage summary?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 12, 2010 at 11:01 am Reason: merged with existing and active thread
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
I have the asterik and the fare bonus amount in the third column but it does not show up in the EQS/EQM amount as well - sounds like a glitch - fwiw this is for a Y and A fare
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:24 am

Yup ... see earlier post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.