Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA (ExecPlat.), UA, DL, Hertz (Club Gold), Avis, Hilton (Diamond VIP), Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Has anyone had the standard C-class dinner on 907 ORD-SFO lately? The last time I was on that flight (in April) it was chicken, which would be fine. But if it's beef or pork, that's a no-go for me. I suppose I could order a special meal and go for the sure thing, but I liked the chicken and would happily go for it again. TIA for any responses!
Flew UA 907 on Sat., 9/4 -- second leg of return trip to SFO from Paris. Meal in C was salad, but only LF ranch dressing was offered (bummer). Main course was chicken in a brown sauce w/mashed potatoes + steamed carrots and pea pods, as well as multigrain roll. CC Cookie for dessert. Headed straight to In-n-Out burger when I got home.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:38 pm

Finally got the chance to try the new turkey panini from DEN to PHL on Sunday and thought it was pretty good. Almost gimick-level spice, but the bun wasn't soggy and the meat was decent. All in all pretty satisfying.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by thumbun
Flew UA 907 on Sat., 9/4 -- second leg of return trip to SFO from Paris. Meal in C was salad, but only LF ranch dressing was offered (bummer). Main course was chicken in a brown sauce w/mashed potatoes + steamed carrots and pea pods, as well as multigrain roll. CC Cookie for dessert. Headed straight to In-n-Out burger when I got home.
Perfect, thanks. ^ I do find that the special meals are likely to have more exciting dressings than just ranch or balsamic.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
AUG
MCI-DEN
Refreshment (Breakfast)

I do really appreciate that I had something to eat on this short distance flight.

AUG
DEN-LGA
Dinner - Pasta

AUG
DEN-LGA
Dinner - Chicken (The same as I had on ORD-ANC flight)
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
AUG
JFK-SFO p.s. Business
Dinner

They simplely switched the menu between LAX/SFO and JFK.
If you read my travel report in June, you will figure this out.
Such a lazy airline.

piror to arrival

AUG
LAX-JFK p.s. Business
Dinner

This was the meal from JFK to LAX. They swapped it to pretend it's new menu.

Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800 AT&T Wireless: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.0.19692/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

09 September 2010
UA171 BOS-SFO B757-200
0600 Departure
First Class

Pre-departure beverage of choice in plastic. Kudos to the F/A's for offering more than just OJ and water.

After departure, they offered beverage of choice in a glass with Biscoff from the cart brought down the aisle!

Choice of:
1) Cheese omelet with breakfast potato.
2) Cereal plate

Both came with fruit plate and Strawberry yogurt. The cereal plate came with a larger fruit plate.

Meal was also served from the cart! I haven't had cart service in domestic F before.

Snack basket was passed around several times. Hot towels provided pre-arrival.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
A bit overdue, but any way you can scan/take pictures of the economy and old F menus? I'm curious!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kurt
There is p.s. still, for us menu hounds. I miss the printed menus on short-haul, mid-con and long-haul domestic flights. And economy menus. I have a whole stack of old ones, though.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Andy1369
A bit overdue, but any way you can scan/take pictures of the economy and old F menus? I'm curious!

Thanks!
I put added this to a "let's eat" thread in a previous year, but don't know if that thread is still available (and am not sure which year). So here is a transcon menu from 2005 (SFO-PHL).
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
How often are the meals rotated? I swear, if I have that lasagna again, I might have to use the airsick bag. It's been the meal on every F flight I've had for quite a while.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
How often are the meals rotated? I swear, if I have that lasagna again, I might have to use the airsick bag. It's been the meal on every F flight I've had for quite a while.
"Pasta" in one form or another is always an option on dinner flights.

Why not order a special meal to mix it up a bit?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Best P.S. Special Meal to Order in NC Class

Just had both my U/G cleared in P.S. NC LAX-JFK-LAX Whats the best Special Meal to Order on these flights. Lunch going, Dinner Return.

I have had most of the Regular Menus and looking for something different. I heard they do Hindu and others. Anyone have personal experiece to share. Thanks and Safe Travels..
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
9/11
ORD-BDL
Lunch, A320

Choice was the smoked Turkey Sandwich or a Grilled Chicken Salad. I found it interesting that soup was offered with both entree choices, instead of the typical side salad when you get the sandwich. I chose the Turkey, and it was the typical Dijon sauce, served with a bag of potato chips and soup. No desert.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mlx52
9/11
ORD-BDL
Lunch, A320

Choice was the smoked Turkey Sandwich or a Grilled Chicken Salad. I found it interesting that soup was offered with both entree choices, instead of the typical side salad when you get the sandwich. I chose the Turkey, and it was the typical Dijon sauce, served with a bag of potato chips and soup. No desert.
I think that was an addition to the recent meal changes weeks back.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
"Pasta" in one form or another is always an option on dinner flights.

Why not order a special meal to mix it up a bit?
I'll second that. I order a special meal about every third flight. They are usually better than what everybody else is getting. I have found that the low fat meals are good most of the time.
Jim
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Ask for a BOB if you don't want the Lasagna.

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.