FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Post funny/unfortunate standby/upgrade screen abbreviations here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1031373-post-funny-unfortunate-standby-upgrade-screen-abbreviations-here.html)

aisleorwindow Apr 7, 2010 8:32 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

LUC/K is on standby for my (delayed) ORD-IAH flight tonight. Considering the flight is 2/3 empty, I'd say they have a very good chance of living up to their name ;-)

The ORD-OMA flight has some good ones: LEW/D AND WAR/M are on the upgrade list and KIN/K has cleared :-)

Loren Pechtel Apr 8, 2010 3:28 am

Originally Posted by g_leyser (Post 13730373)

The ORD-OMA flight has some good ones: LEW/D AND WAR/M are on the upgrade list and KIN/K has cleared :-)

Sounds like it might be an interesting flight...

goalie Apr 8, 2010 8:58 am

Originally Posted by g_leyser (Post 13730373)

bolding mine: now all you need is to spot the cousins col/d and nut/s(z) ;)

Pat89339 Apr 8, 2010 11:44 am

Forgot to post mine from my flight on 3/27 SFO-RNO:

GER/M
LOO/P

Pat89339 Apr 26, 2010 1:47 pm

4/23 SFO-LAX
AUR/A
CAR/T
FRE/D
LYN/N

4/25 LAX-SFO
FRE/E
COL/D
STO/W
MAT/E
HAR/K
HAR/M
(there were plenty more but another FTer spotted my bag tag and we spent the entire pre-boarding time chatting)

Does anyone else see little stories in these collections of 4 letter words?

FRE/D was attracted to LYN/N's AUR/A as she was standing by the Smart CAR/T rental.

Carry on baggage is currently FRE/E, but it will be a COL/D day in heck before your seat MAT/E will HAR/K upon your request for assistance to STO/W your bag, because it may cause HAR/M to their back.

mahasamatman Apr 26, 2010 1:49 pm

I wonder if that's the same COL/D that we've seen in other posts.

It can't be too long until Tom Butler and Dawn Heath are waitlisted together...

tkc98110 Apr 26, 2010 2:08 pm

How'd I miss this thread for so long?

I guess I'm still a COL/T, even though I just retired!

dmattj Apr 26, 2010 3:02 pm

I noticed one board that had a few of those already mentioned, but the one I chuckled at most......p/oop

kevinsac Apr 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Pro/d
Pro/p

Husband and wife?

goalie Apr 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 13846746)
4/23 SFO-LAX
AUR/A
CAR/T
FRE/D
LYN/N

4/25 LAX-SFO
FRE/E
COL/D
STO/W
MAT/E
HAR/K
HAR/M
(there were plenty more but another FTer spotted my bag tag and we spent the entire pre-boarding time chatting)

Does anyone else see little stories in these collections of 4 letter words?

FRE/D was attracted to LYN/N's AUR/A as she was standing by the Smart CAR/T rental.

Carry on baggage is currently FRE/E, but it will be a COL/D day in heck before your seat MAT/E will HAR/K upon your request for assistance to STO/W your bag, because it may cause HAR/M to their back.

bolding mine: or it was a former baseball player ;)
http://redsoxgirl46.mlblogs.com/Fred%20Lynn.jpg

Loren Pechtel Apr 26, 2010 8:01 pm

SFO:

PEA/S got his upgrade.

AFJon Apr 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Seen last weekend

MOO/T
BIR/D
SAR/A
FLI/P
KON/G

broms Apr 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Seen on 04/22, IAD-SFO

POR/K
FAR/T
POK/E

and my favorite:

BRO/M (this one was me actually, #15 on a list of 32). What I loved though was arriving in SFO, and seeing a flight departing for ORD, with the upgrade list at 47 people!!

goalie Apr 27, 2010 9:14 am

Originally Posted by AFJon (Post 13848982)
Seen last weekend

MOO/T
BIR/D
SAR/A
FLI/P
KON/G

so was it a moot point or did sara flip the bird to kong when his upgrade cleared and her's didn't? (and will someone please open the penalty box door for me ;))

i posted this a while back but wondering if any other f/t'er have seen themselves "in words"?

hey, i just realized (and for those that know me ;)).......

mine from a few weeks ago....

bol/d

:D

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 13857138)
No penalty box for you. :D. Glad to know that others see stories in these groups of words too. ^

oy, looks like i'm gonna need a front loader for all those b/r's ;)

Pat89339 Apr 28, 2010 2:18 am

No penalty box for you. :D. Glad to know that others see stories in these groups of words too. ^