FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Post funny/unfortunate standby/upgrade screen abbreviations here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1031373-post-funny-unfortunate-standby-upgrade-screen-abbreviations-here.html)

Pat89339 Jul 20, 2010 1:19 pm

From my flights this weekend my favorite on the list:

CHA/T
NAR/C

CHA/T didn't show up to claim his/her boarding pass, so I wondered if the NAR/C had something to do with it. :D

6rugrats Jul 20, 2010 1:27 pm

26 June Flight 933 IAD-DEN

How/l
Bro/w
Whi/r

FriendlySkies Jul 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 14334539)
From my flights this weekend my favorite on the list:

CHA/T
NAR/C

CHA/T didn't show up to claim his/her boarding pass, so I wondered if the NAR/C had something to do with it. :D

haha!^^

akatuva Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm

ABB/A was waiting for an upgrade to clear on my recent LGA-ORD flight. They were pretty far down the list, so I think they ended up riding in back.

phenombr Jul 20, 2010 5:44 pm

On consecutive lines on the upgrade list to ORD at SFO:

SAT/E
POR/K

nkedel Jul 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Not such a funny word, but nonetheless, I've very frequently seen:
EDE/N
and until I ran across this thread never noticed that it spelled a word.

I also know someone who'd show up as:
DAT/A
if he still flew AA :)

milski Jul 20, 2010 7:19 pm

NEW/B was the first on the upgrade list - 1st had just checked in full. :)

nardwaur Jul 20, 2010 7:53 pm

i travelled two weeks ago from ORD to SEA with probably the least fortunate standby family that I've seen:

Slu/M
Slu/G
Slu/T

Loren Pechtel Jul 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by nardwaur (Post 14336739)
i travelled two weeks ago from ORD to SEA with probably the least fortunate standby family that I've seen:

Slu/M
Slu/G
Slu/T

What I want to know is how a slum slugs? Buildings don't throw punches!

ryan182 Jul 20, 2010 10:17 pm

I saw GOD/S at SFO the other day (SFO-SNA), the GODS must not have been smiling that day as they were #14 on the UG list with 1 seat left.:p

gobluetwo Jul 20, 2010 10:19 pm

from a while ago, but I've been jotting these down on my BB when I get a chance.

BAA/H
WHI/M
KEE/P

and
BRO/S
HEL/P
JER/K
:)

BOOMER339 Jul 30, 2010 11:29 am

On 7/28, while waiting to depart ORD for LGA from Gate C23, I saw:

ROS/A, who was not a LON/E, and may or may not have been with COO/T, who could have lunched with CAR/P and RIC/E.

Although I looked the crowd over carefully, I couldn't identify PER/V. But, I'm pretty sure that MUS/K was present in the area, along with Chicago's favorite, BRO/T.

Thanks UA for unintentionally making the wait at the gate a fun experience for us FTers.

Shibang Jul 30, 2010 1:01 pm

I always cause raised eyebrows when my wife flies with me. I'm SHI/J, but unfortunately her first name starts with a T. You do the math.

84fiero Jul 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182 (Post 14337459)
I saw GOD/S at SFO the other day (SFO-SNA), the GODS must not have been smiling that day as they were #14 on the UG list with 1 seat left.:p

I have a co-worker who would show up as GOD/S... though he wouldn't have been on that flight. I'll actually be flyinng with him later this month on UA.

SOme recent ones:

7/26 ORD-SLC:
TAT/L

7/29 SLC-ORD:
KIN/D
ILU/G

&/29 ORD-CMH:
WHA/T

AFJon Aug 2, 2010 11:43 am

Spotted Saturday morning

SLU/M and travel companion first name starts with a T...
VER/N
MOR/K