Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Mid-Atlantic US Winter Storm (Weekend of 12/19) and Impact to UA's Operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mid-Atlantic US Winter Storm (Weekend of 12/19) and Impact to UA's Operations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoPUBoilers
Well it shows up under My Itineraries as a confirmed flight and I can change seats on it, but it would just be nice to go through the check-in process to make sure.

I am indeed uneasy though that it won't let me accept the flight change
For good reason I'm sure.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:47 pm

Pretty much EVERY seat is booked up to/from IAD tomorrow. Both my MCO-IAD and IAD-DEN are zeroed out. I see lots of VDBs happening...

Well it shows up under My Itineraries as a confirmed flight and I can change seats on it, but it would just be nice to go through the check-in process to make sure.

I am indeed uneasy though that it won't let me accept the flight change
If it shows up in your record, you are definitely confirmed on it.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 19, 2009 at 1:55 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by United737522
If it shows up in your record, you are definitely confirmed on it.
Ok, I'm not even going to keep calling then, especially as HAL says he's putting me in the queue for an agent, but then I get the "you're call cannot be completed as dialed"...gee thanks for hanging up on me. Not very good PR for United right now (although I do realize it's an IT issue, but still).

Every flight that HAL attempted to rebook for me yesterday also shows up on my record, but as they were all cancelled, he kept having to rebook me to an available flight.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Just called 1P line because of a schedule change in Jan. and was told it was a 50 min. wait. Needless to say, I hung up.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nevansm
Just called 1P line because of a schedule change in Jan. and was told it was a 50 min. wait. Needless to say, I hung up.
Can you no longer confirm schedule changes with HAL? Or did you want to make a change?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I even had to wait a few minutes on the GS line...
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: 1K no more
Another datapoint to BRU

Originally Posted by ORD2World
3:30 am Eastern time/Saturday

For what it's worth, my 19 Dec flight from BRU to IAD was, cancelled when I woke up this morning (I am in Brussels now). Called UGS, and got rebooked on UA 929 with a 0616 hrs departure tomorrow (Sunday) to LHR, then same flight (plane change from B-777 to B-767) from LHR to ORD.

Thus, will entirely bypass IAD on return home.
Let us know how full 929 is.

Separately, my son was booked today BNA-IAD-BRU. I had him get to the Nashville airport early since all phone lines are backed up. Once there, United's TA rebooked him two days later thru ORD on AA.

Everything to and through IAD, ORD, MEM, ATL and onward TATL was booked for two days!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I even had to wait a few minutes on the GS line...
What is this world coming to, anyway? Did you fire off a complaint immediately???? This should be good for at least 25k bonus miles for the inconvenience, right? Oops, this may mean they'll need to move this post to the "What were you compensated and why thread" thread
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by BaltimoreZ71
United got me from SFO to JFK yesterday, and I took the NE Regional back here to Baltimore. Train was delayed it's normal 10 minutes into BWI. Seems Amtrak is putting extra plow equipped locomotives on standby.

A news release is on WTOP's web site:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1844685

There are no delays. There are no ground stops. No airports are closed. No traffic management in effect. This is all true, BUT it is due to the fact that the airlines have chosen to cancel flights rather than pick a malady from the list above.
DCA was closed earlier today.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:19 pm

Just called back to see if HAL could confirm my changes... it redirected me to an agent and is saying I'll have to wait 3 minutes... I'll report on that "estimation"
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just called back to see if HAL could confirm my changes... it redirected me to an agent and is saying I'll have to wait 3 minutes... I'll report on that "estimation"
Do you mind posting the phone number you used?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
UA has started cancelling flights for tomorrow already. Many of the PS flights to SFO/LAX already not operating for tomorrow. Fun times.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:28 pm

Do you mind posting the phone number you used?
I was 10 minutes, so I hung up. Called back now it's back up to 30 minutes. I originally called the 1P line but then I called 1-800-UNITED-1.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
about 40 minutes on the speaker phone to get to an extremely helpful, but obviously very busy CSR. I called the 1P number. This CSR did four different things for me efficiently and correctly. ^
Old Dec 19, 2009, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BaltimoreZ71
There are no delays. There are no ground stops. No airports are closed. No traffic management in effect. This is all true, BUT it is due to the fact that the airlines have chosen to cancel flights rather than pick a malady from the list above.
Per United PR's thread-starting post the airlines have been doing proactive cancellations all along. Why was the FAA reporting ground stops, airport closures, and delays earlier today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.