Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA *S, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, pleb in all the rest
Originally Posted by gregas
You should be allowed in either the RCC (T7) or MLL (T2). I have not been to that particular MLL, but by other MLL/RCC comparisions, I'm guessing that it's superior. It's also not on the opposite side of the airport from your departing plane as the T7 RCC is.

I'm guessing the if you are on an F fare but could not be accommodated in the F cabin due to equipment change, you will still have access.
If you have *G benefits and are heading to T2 at LAX, go to the NZ Koru Club which is right next to the MLL. Better food, better drinks, showers, better everything. There no reason why you should go to the MLL at LAX.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
Trying to understand it.

We are both *G and are flying economy ogg-sfo-ams on our way back home.
Do we have access to the Rcc in sfo or only the one in iad?

Kind regards,
Pendragon
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pendragon
We are both *G and are flying economy ogg-sfo-ams on our way back home.
Do we have access to the Rcc in sfo or only the one in iad?

Kind regards,
Pendragon
not sure where iad fits in but a *G on same day international itinerary has access to RCC at all airports they are departing on *A flights
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
not sure where iad fits in but a *G on same day international itinerary has access to RCC at all airports they are departing on *A flights
Sorry! flying ogg-sfo-iad-ams but thanks for the answer.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pendragon
Sorry! flying ogg-sfo-iad-ams but thanks for the answer.
probably should have passed on the jab
but sort of obvious since no n/s SFO-AMS
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:32 pm

From Canada in F. Experience w/ ORD RCC. Success

Just to update:
Was flying YOW-ORD (UA)-PHX (US) in F.
Presented my F boarding passess to the RCC lounge agent in ORD Terminal 2 and was granted access no problem.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:05 am

another data point - Success

flying KOA-SFO-ORD-YOW all in F.
No problem accessing RCC in SFO with ORD-YOW F boarding pass. Actually writing from the lounge now. Nice to have on a 3hr connection
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
RCC/MLL Accessibility

My wife is not an elite member and will be traveling on XF award DFW-SFO-YVR and return. Will she be able access lounges at all? I kept thinking Canada is considered domestic but not sure.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by eddie1973
My wife is not an elite member and will be traveling on XF award DFW-SFO-YVR and return. Will she be able access lounges at all? I kept thinking Canada is considered domestic but not sure.
First Class (including XF) on international (including USA-Canada) itin regardless of elite status is eligble for RCC/any *A lounge access at all departing airports -- *A rule.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
HNL RCC Access

Hello

I am at HNL now with 3 hr layover.

I have no status.

I am flying F class HNL-ORD then Y class ORD to YOW. There is no F class ORD to YOW on my flight or any other flight.

I understood that Canada counted for "international" for RCC access if travelling F class.

I was denied access because ORD to YOW was Y class.

I believe that denial of access was in error.

Who us right?

Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Salisbury5
Hello

I am at HNL now with 3 hr layover.

I have no status.

I am flying F class HNL-ORD then Y class ORD to YOW. There is no F class ORD to YOW on my flight or any other flight.

I understood that Canada counted for "international" for RCC access if travelling F class.

I was denied access because ORD to YOW was Y class.

I believe that denial of access was in error.

Who us right?

Thanks.
I believe that you MUST be flying first/biz on the international leg (hence why you were denied access). Not 100% sure if that is the exact rule but you could've called and asked for clarification.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:50 pm

Lounge access on trip to Canada

It looks like I'm going to get more than 50k EQM on United this year, which apparently gets me access to United Club lounges for free on international trips. I have a trip coming up: DCA->ORD->YQB and YQB->ORD->DCA. Which lounges will I be able to access for free? DCA and ORD on the way up, and YQB and ORD on the way back? Or, only at the airports right before the international legs of the trips? Thanks in advance for any responses!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
To my knowledge, if you're *A Gold on a US-based carrier (UA, CO, US), flights to Canada are not considered international for lounge access purposes. You wouldn't be able to use lounge in either US or CAN without paying. Total bummer. Sometimes the dragons are nice and will let you in, but most will hold firm. If you're flying F, sometimes they'll make an exception.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by BankerManUSA
To my knowledge, if you're *A Gold on a US-based carrier (UA, CO, US), flights to Canada are not considered international for lounge access purposes. You wouldn't be able to use lounge in either US or CAN without paying. Total bummer. Sometimes the dragons are nice and will let you in, but most will hold firm. If you're flying F, sometimes they'll make an exception.
Welcome to FT! Actually this is not right... Canada is considered international for lounge access. If you're Premier Exec/Gold/*G you will get entry when flying to/from Canada.

You can use any *A lounge..at YQB the Maple Leaf lounge is availalbe, at DCA you can use the United Club or USAirways lounge, and at ORD the United Club.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by joen52
It looks like I'm going to get more than 50k EQM on United this year, which apparently gets me access to United Club lounges for free on international trips. I have a trip coming up: DCA->ORD->YQB and YQB->ORD->DCA. Which lounges will I be able to access for free? DCA and ORD on the way up, and YQB and ORD on the way back? Or, only at the airports right before the international legs of the trips? Thanks in advance for any responses!
You get access at any point if your trip involves Canada. This will include DCA on departure and ORD in both directions.

Keep your international boarding pass to show on arrival in ORD.

YQB you get access irrelevant of where you are going, but they will not let you in without a physical Star Gold card.

How does a GS/2MM not know this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.