Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: United MM Alaska MP Cessna/Piper Captain
Flying on US Air you should have gone to their lounge. I've spent many hours of "quality time" there as a 1P. But, my destination was MXP, not YYZ. Don't know if that would have made a difference. And the US Air lounge at PHL isn't bad.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I think the only difference for Mexico & Canada is that you are not entitled to drink chits in the RCC.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by Karter
Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight."
Maybe UA annexed Canada when we weren't looking.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by madnes
I think the only difference for Mexico & Canada is that you are not entitled to drink chits in the RCC.
That's what I understand as well.

I'll try using the RCCs tomorrow using my CO Plat card though - I'm in Y (no F) on an Air Canada puddle jumper tomorrow on SEA-YVR; I'll be hitting up RCCs in MSP, DEN, LAX and SEA along the way. I didn't have any issues a couple of weeks ago using the CO Plat card to enter RCCs in MSP, ORD and DEN on a YVR itinerary.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 9:00 am

I just had the same issue at DEN flying DEN-LGA-YUL. RCC is the only place I have ever had a problem - and they are about the worst clubs in the network.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Originally Posted by Shareholder
At SFO access would not be provided to the SQ lounge since flights to Canada depart from the UA domestic terminal and security will limit access to/from the international terminal.
You can walk from t3 to the UA-intl term inside the secure zone...so this can be done physically - whether sq admits you I don't know.

-G
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by gabrielz
You can walk from t3 to the UA-intl term inside the secure zone...so this can be done physically - whether sq admits you I don't know.
SQ should admit the OP as he's *G flying *A. There's another tread about access and typically people will only be denied if they're out of space.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ew-thread.html
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:49 pm

Lounge Access First Domestic

Ok had a search but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. I am traveling DEN-YYZ with Unites Express in First in December. Do I get access to the lounge at Denver?

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
Ok had a search but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. I am traveling DEN-YYZ with Unites Express in First in December. Do I get access to the lounge at Denver?

Thanks
I believe you do. Take a look over here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-merged-6.html

This was posted from the old RCC profile, so it may be out of date:

34NI/ * * * INTERNATIONAL DEFINITION * * *
35NI/ TO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES EXCLUDING SAN JUAN
36NI/ CUSTOMERS WHO TRAVEL TO CANADA MEXICO AND
37NI/ CARRIBEAN DESTINATIONS WILL BE TREATED AS INTL AND
38NI/ CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE RED CARPET CLUB
39NI/ **HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO DRINK CHITS**

I'd say, YMMV.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G

Thanks
Sorry, not unless you are *G (either 1P or 1K). United First does not allow RCC access. Good news is you will get access to the superior Maple Leaf Lounge when you return from YYZ.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Derek
Sorry, not unless you are *G (either 1P or 1K). United First does not allow RCC access. Good news is you will get access to the superior Maple Leaf Lounge when you return from YYZ.
I'm not coming back I am then going on to London with AC though as its exec first will get Maple Leaf longe access there.

Seems that flying United express first doesn't really get you much. Only a snack box, no entertainment, no lounge access.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
I'm not coming back I am then going on to London with AC though as its exec first will get Maple Leaf longe access there.

Seems that flying United express first doesn't really get you much. Only a snack box, no entertainment, no lounge access.
If you are continuing to London then it would be a different story. With your same day *A international ticket to London, I believe you are entitled to RCC access in Denver.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:57 pm

Flew to Edmonton a couple of weeks ago, had no problem getting into DEN RCC as 1K, with guest. We both asked for and received WiFi cards.

Flying back, I was allowed into the Maple Leaf lounge but was refused free WiFi.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA *S, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, pleb in all the rest
I MR to/from the US from here in YYC probably every month or so, and I always get RCC/PC access at all my connection points, with no questions or problems. I just hand the matron my next boarding pass, the US-Canada one from that day (whether I've already taken that flight or not), and my 1K card. I also mention that I'm connecting to/from international, and it's never a problem.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by zbenye
Flew to Edmonton a couple of weeks ago, had no problem getting into DEN RCC as 1K, with guest. We both asked for and received WiFi cards.

Flying back, I was allowed into the Maple Leaf lounge but was refused free WiFi.
How do you get to the MLL on a transborder flight from YEG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.