Wiki Posts
Search

I will continue to fly UA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
I will continue to fly UA

With all the doom and gloom in the news I'm standing up to say that I will continue to fly United because:
1. The huge majority of UA's employees are great people.
2. They fly to great places.
3. They're based in the Midwest.
4. Mileage Plus still rocks.

Now's the time to support our favorite airline.

------------------
Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:58 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Amen!

As long as they keep their LHR & FRA RCC's fully stocked with the proper ingredients to make a decent bloody mary, I'm staying!

Cheers!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I'm with you. As long as UAL is in the air, they'll be my airline of choice!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:33 pm

Well said!

I agree 100%.

How lame to jump ship when the going gets a but bumpy.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I agree. I will fly United at every possible opportunity.

Bruce
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll stay with United.

Overall, UA has treated me very well over the years, so it's my turn to be loyal now.

Old Dec 5, 2002, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I agree.. I have gone to great lenghts at times to fly United rather then take a more convenient airline. I think they were and still are one of the best airlines in the world and I have a lot of confidence that things will work out. The thought of having to fly NW or AA makes me sick. I'll always support United. Looking forward to 130 segments again next year.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I plan on staying... cautiously. Comp'd status on another airline is only one fax away.

Plus, there are probably going to be less people in the airports, less people in the clubs, and less people in the lines as they scurry to other airlines.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 8:41 pm

Programs: Many
Mrs. unagi1 (1P) and I are staying
Old Dec 5, 2002, 8:53 pm

Location: Chicago-UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
This is the time to be loyal. United has been good to me and I intend to be good to them.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:03 pm

I continue flying UA. Best flight schedule for me, best partner airlines. No reason to switch!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:08 pm

Thank you all!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:54 pm

Thank you for all the positive feedback. United is not going away. We have problems but we are United we will be stronger than ever.
United will Stand.

Old Dec 5, 2002, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Why should we leave United to fly a second-rate carrier while United is still flying?

The only way the other airlines are going to benefit if United goes into bankruptcy will be if people defect. If United is still flying, which they will be if they go into bankruptcy there is no reason to move to another airline, as this will only weaken United.

In my opinion Continental improved while in bankruptcy, and then slipped bigtime when they started becoming profitable - they got Gordo, I mean arrogant and lost site of what made them profitable, customers.

United isn't perfect, no airline is, but the last thing we need is one fewer airline, because you just think its bad now with competition. If I were the other airlines I would be terrified if United goes into bankruptcy, as all of a sudden they won't have the highest costs, another airline will, and they will have to consider bankruptcy to get things in line.

If United manages not to go into bankruptcy, the people that are able to prevent that should be able to sell millions of books explaining how they did it, I will even buy one. They also should have some business schools named after them, and will go down in history as the greats of business.

I wish them well, but a little thing like bankruptcy isn't going to send me away. Poor service, a bad schedule, unreliable schedule might send me away, but not some little thing like a bankruptcy, as long as they are flying, which they will.

Good luck United, I hope things work out, I'll keep voting with my wallet, spending my money with one of the airlines that has some of the best employees in the industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.