Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What the? Entire F cabin blacked-out 975 IAD-SFO 12/29?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2009, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.

Checking itineraries for this day.

Is the cabin sold out (find this unlikely) or blacked out for some reason? .bomb glitch? Perhaps VIP has purchased entire cabin?

Anyone any thoughts?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 6:15 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Showing F0/A0 on ExpertFlyer, too. Seats showing all taken other than the crew rest (3A).
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
Could be. Until last night I was 0/3 on upgrades on this flight. When I boarded in CAE, there were three unsold seats in F. Less than two hours later they were gone. Fortunately (for me) there was a miss connect and I upgraded after I had been seated in Y.

There seems to be a lot of continuation passengers from Europe on that flight.

There seems to be a number of passengers connecting to trans-pacific flights.

I do know that there seems to be a number of paid first; don't know if they are on government or business contracts.

This is hub to hub service with a lot of GS and 1K passengers.

I have high status as a 1k and even when I didn't clear; I was 1-3 on the upgrade list.

All this was on a two class 777; sometime during Dec. it goes from 2-class to 3-class. Did you try C?

Also, there may be a lot of folks traveling west, including Asia, for the New Year
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
I always find it amusing when people can't believe that UA is actually selling seats and there is no room for upgrades. Why is it so difficult to believe??? Just because most of us here are trying to maximize our upgrade chances doesn't mean there are not people who do pay cash for their first and business seats.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
I always find it amusing when people can't believe that UA is actually selling seats and there is no room for upgrades. Why is it so difficult to believe??? Just because most of us here are trying to maximize our upgrade chances doesn't mean there are not people who do pay cash for their first and business seats.
Wow, EF, that's inferring a lot into my question. I AM trying to purchase tickets in first!

I've booked a lot of high fare tickets in my day and never have I seen an F cabin booked solid a month out ON ANY FLIGHT ANYWHERE.

I find it hard to believe that with C and Y completely open on that flight, that F would be full, hence my query here. I know that people pay for premium cabins, but RARELY are they completely full with payers, let alone over a month away.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 8:15 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Actually, a lot of the C seats are also booked, although availability still shows C9. I'm betting on a group traveling together, but who knows?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew RDU-MIA-LAS-PHX last year on 12/29 with AA/US. When I purchased the ticket in late November the 757 on MIA-LAS was already sold out in First. Believe it or not sometimes people do buy the seats.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Originally Posted by climmy
Wow, EF, that's inferring a lot into my question. I AM trying to purchase tickets in first!

I've booked a lot of high fare tickets in my day and never have I seen an F cabin booked solid a month out ON ANY FLIGHT ANYWHERE.

I find it hard to believe that with C and Y completely open on that flight, that F would be full, hence my query here. I know that people pay for premium cabins, but RARELY are they completely full with payers, let alone over a month away.
I know. It's just funny to read a super spender GS talking about completely sold out cabins as a surprise since those cabins are mostly purchased by you fine folks that subsidize the rest of the flying population

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.