Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

RCC member flying USAir and accessing Continental Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Accor Silver, Ex-Malev Platinum (RIP)

Here's one for the RCC gurus on this board.

I'm a UA Red Carpet Club member (and 1K) travelling on a domestic US Air ticketed flight on US metal in Y at an airport where there is no RCC or USAir Club lounge.

Am I permitted to access the CO President's lounge in this case?

I've looked at the CO website - only talks about conditions for Star Alliance Gold access - not RCC members and I can't seem to find anything on the UA site either...maybe I'm missing something here...any ideas?

Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:12 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by Aisleseater
Here's one for the RCC gurus on this board.

I'm a UA Red Carpet Club member (and 1K) travelling on a domestic US Air ticketed flight on US metal in Y at an airport where there is no RCC or USAir Club lounge.

Am I permitted to access the CO President's lounge in this case?

I've looked at the CO website - only talks about conditions for Star Alliance Gold access - not RCC members and I can't seem to find anything on the UA site either...maybe I'm missing something here...any ideas?

Many thanks in advance
Yes. There is full reciprocity bewteen RCC and PC members. The fact that you are on US metal is irrelevant!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP , Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Plat, Global Entry
I don't know if it's written anywhere but I just experienced a similar situation at DFW. I was flying American and went over to the CO President's Lounge and asked if I was allowed access. I was told that as a RCC member I was allowed access to the President's Club as if it was a RCC. They were incredibly nice and helpful. So my guess is that you're good as long as you have your RCC card.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Accor Silver, Ex-Malev Platinum (RIP)
Great - thanks very much for the replies - that's good news about full reciprocity btw RCC and CO President's Club!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Yes. There is full reciprocity bewteen RCC and PC members. The fact that you are on US metal is irrelevant!
Uh...when was this announced and made official?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by OxyChaz
http://www.united.com/page/article/1...Access_lounges
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OxyChaz
October 28 United partners with Continental
United Red Carpet Club members now enjoy full access to Continental President's Club locations, expanding members' options to 58 clubs in 36 airports, including 14 lounges in 10 airports not currently served by a Red Carpet Club
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
There is no boarding pass requirement for an RCC member entering a UA, CO, or US club. As long as you can get to the club, you may enter it.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I thought you still had to be flying US to use the US club. I heard that they may change it. Has it officially been changed?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by channa
There is no boarding pass requirement for an RCC member entering a UA, CO, or US club. As long as you can get to the club, you may enter it.
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
I thought you still had to be flying US to use the US club. I heard that they may change it. Has it officially been changed?
have not seen any change (yet) in the need for RCC members to be flying US that day to have entry into US Chairman's Club.

The CO/UA agreement seems to be full reciprocity -- no flight requirements.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
That's been my experience as well.

Was asked to show my US BP at BOS (flying BOS-DCA shuttle) last Monday. I had originally shown just my RCC card.

Was asked to show my US BP at DCA (DCA-BOS shuttle) also.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Here is my experience with the other clubs as a RCC member. For the CO PC you just walk right in and show your RCC card (and photo ID) and that's it you are in. No need to show any boarding pass and they even welcome you with a smile and warm greeting (imagine that).

As for US clubs, it is my experience as a RCC member flying domestically that you must have and present a US boarding pass to get in. There was some talk that it would be changed to be like CO but that does not seem to be the case. I tried using sweet talk, my * gold card and anything that would work in CLT while flying UA and could not get in. They were not even looking for a same day boarding pass. She said they would have taken an inbound pass even though I was leaving but I did not have that. It ended up costing $40 but with 4 hours to waste and a couple of free beers it was probably worth it. As always, YMMV...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.