Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH Oil & Energy Club
Originally Posted by sts603
How many 1Ks and UGSs are there that don't already have RCC memberships? Seems like a benefit that wouldn't apply to many.
well this 1K doesn't have one, I think it's a waste of money...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:18 pm

My girlfriend on a NC ticket who is 1P got access to the RCC on her JFK-SFO PS flight. She too was handed two drink vouchers, so I'm thinking it's part of the policy (at least at JFK).
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by VTHokieFlyer
well this 1K doesn't have one, I think it's a waste of money...
I didn't renew my membership this year.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Another 1K without RCC membership. I would guess that most don't have RCC membership, the club is not worth the money to me (not even close!)
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
With this change, UA is classifying p.s. flights as international for service and amenities. You cannot use UDU on p.s. flights and you receive lounge access, both in line with international flights. The downside is that you need to use miles or SWU to upgrades, just like international flights.
I just used regionals to upgrade someone on a ps trip. And given that regionals will continue to be issued to 1k's, why not use them for ps upgrades in the future?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I just used regionals to upgrade someone on a ps trip. And given that regionals will continue to be issued to 1k's, why not use them for ps upgrades in the future?
the comment you referenced pre-dated the announcement of the resumption of the earning of regionals.
BTW, I agree with your suggestion.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:45 pm

People who make the majority of their miles flying international routes don't have any need for RCC membership - *G lounges work just fine. It's still good to know you can enter the RCC on an occasional p.s. flight.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How many 1Ks and UGSs are there that don't already have RCC memberships? Seems like a benefit that wouldn't apply to many.
I would say a lot!

Anyone that primarily flies international itineraries for starters. RCC membership gets you very little in that case as you get access to the RCC anyway (both for international legs, as well as connecting domestic legs). The only real benefit RCC membership has over 1K when flying international is the Wifi access if flying in Y.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:33 am
Original Poster

I'm a UGS without a RCC membership. Honestly, I try to spend as little time as possible in airports. Usually I don't have enough time to stop at the RCC unless I'm going international, in which case I can already get in.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 1:45 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
I don't have RCC membership as well. I'd rather use my miles/money for other purposes.

That said, can RCC access for first class domestic passengers be far behind?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:30 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by docbert
According to the JFK RCC matrons a few minutes ago, no - 1K in Y does NOT get access.

Anyone (regardless of status) gets access in C or F, including as others have said, drink chits and wifi (both of which I'm using at the moment )
Checked with the ladies at SFO RCC this past weekend, and they also said that 1K status by itself does not provide access to RCC when traveling on p.s. Access is provided only for C or F customers, regardless of status.

No drink chits at SFO though.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:54 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by PTahCha
...No drink chits at SFO though.
Hm, strange... so we have reports of chits @ JFK, but none @ SFO... any word on LAX?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:14 pm

Flying MCO-IAD-JFK-SFO tomorrow in C. Can anyone verify I get RCC access in all 4 cities or just JFK and SFO?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by United737522
Flying MCO-IAD-JFK-SFO tomorrow in C. Can anyone verify I get RCC access in all 4 cities or just JFK and SFO?
I think you're going to be the guinea pig. Please try at all stations and report back! I am making the uneducated guess that you'll only be allowed at JFK (unless you're continuing on somewhere else from SFO you won't be allowed access there). But inquiring minds want to know...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by tjtenor4
Hm, strange... so we have reports of chits @ JFK, but none @ SFO...
I can confirm this.

RCC @ SFO - no drink chits but got access on C p.s. ticket (I stated I was a 1K also, which agent responded "doesn't matter - it's the C ticket that gets you access.")

RCC @ JFK - scanned the ticket & gave me two drink tickets + a wifi card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.