Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 2K, BD Gold, DL/NW Gold, SPG Plat, MRW Silver, Hertz PC
Didn't p.s. F already receive IFL access?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ndot
Didn't p.s. F already receive IFL access?
yes, they have since the start of PS service ... the discussion here is passengers in C/NC (which appears to be new) and 1K/GS (which may not be true).
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Looking forward to visiting with my favorite RCC staff.

dh
Old Nov 17, 2009, 1:04 am

This is great news! Maybe this is a start of more amenities being added to p.s.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:38 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dccvii
My partner and I returned home in upgraded C JFK-SFO on Saturday, we're both 1K. I'm an RCC member; he is not.

I about fell over when the agent handed us each 2 drink chits, and him a wifi card. Said she thought United was doing the right thing by these changes.

We never got anything in the SFO RCC on our outbound, also in C.
Drink chits? WOW! Although I would count that as a misstake, just like someone mentioned 1K RCC member allowed into IFL in JFK.

When I was traveling 2 weekends ago, the agent at JFK RCC tried to hand me a T-Mobile wi-fi card, even though I'm a member but was traveling in p.s. C at the time.

Somewhat related, but latest rumor from an "internal memo" is UA will be replacing seats in p.s. F toward the end of next year. Then again, this is coming from a FA, so we'll need to take it with a grain of salt.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Unfortunately I believe that is the case. As a p.s. C passenger this weekend I was allowed RCC access at my origin in JFK, but denied access upon arriving at SFO before my onward connection to final destination.

The SFO RCC woman was adamant that only SFO-JFK p.s. C pax could get RCC admittance without being RCC members... YMMV
thats what I thought it would be , unless of cause a person is doing an MR right back to JFK. Itsfor a PS flight once that flight is over so should the benefits
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:49 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Can someone please confirm whether 1Ks flying PS will get RCC access even when flying Y? I wonder if there is a UA profile code for this?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
to me, not a great bennie. We usually get upgraded to C, but one of the values of C and F, is NOT having to spend time at the airport.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I was about to bump the thread I started a few weeks ago as I had a ps flight coming up and wanted to know if this was still on. Seems strange they would have not updated the Web site.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL
Thanks Op

Flew jfk-sfo C this morning and enjoyed the RCC. I'd much rather sit with a latte for fifteen than on the plane while everyone brushes by ^
Old Nov 20, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Unfortunately I believe that is the case. As a p.s. C passenger this weekend I was allowed RCC access at my origin in JFK, but denied access upon arriving at SFO before my onward connection to final destination.

The SFO RCC woman was adamant that only SFO-JFK p.s. C pax could get RCC admittance without being RCC members... YMMV
I think it might be an SFO RCC thing. I flew JFK-LAX (NC) at the end of October (apparently the first day this policy came into effect) and had RCC access both ends (LAX RCC even let me in even though it was the next morning because I had come in on the last JFK-LAX flight and was leaving on the first LAX-PHX flight that morning).

Once I was on p.s. F from JFK to LAX and they let me into the IFL upon arrival at LAX just to get some food. I think SFO RCC and IFL is known for being very zealous about keeping people out.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Can someone please confirm whether 1Ks flying PS will get RCC access even when flying Y? I wonder if there is a UA profile code for this?
According to the JFK RCC matrons a few minutes ago, no - 1K in Y does NOT get access.

Anyone (regardless of status) gets access in C or F, including as others have said, drink chits and wifi (both of which I'm using at the moment )
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by docbert
According to the JFK RCC matrons a few minutes ago, no - 1K in Y does NOT get access.

Anyone (regardless of status) gets access in C or F, including as others have said, drink chits and wifi (both of which I'm using at the moment )
Hmm, that sucks. Anyone have an updated version of the S*RCC/ADMIT profile? Paging cephid...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rsherwoo
When I was flying LAX-JFK last week, the check-in agent said they started a new policy 1 week prior that 1K's and UGS get access to the RCC on PS flights. Too bad I don't fly to JFK very often but it's nice when I do. I sure did like that row 9 on the 757 PS.
How many 1Ks and UGSs are there that don't already have RCC memberships? Seems like a benefit that wouldn't apply to many.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by sts603
How many 1Ks and UGSs are there that don't already have RCC memberships? Seems like a benefit that wouldn't apply to many.
By that logic, you might as well allow p.s. users since there's not that many anyway. (I'm a 1K without an RCC membership...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.