Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:12 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by fzwinter
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.
excellent news indeed ^ and "safe to assume" <ducking> it's also available at sfo and jfk as well as lax? also, any word on guests?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:29 pm

A 1K friend of mine, who flew in "C" last Saturday, from JFK to SFO, told me that he was able to go into the RCC.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
i wonder if they lose rcc members because of this new policy. hopefully they've already considered it, but i imagine a decent amount of rcc members fly mostly transcons. (thats basically all my dad flys and if hes going to like dc or something he just takes a train from new york).
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Yep its true on my 11/1 flight LAX-JFK I was on an ElCheapo that cleared into C 5 days out using E-500s

I checked in and droped off my bag and the agent called me back, she wanted to inform me that I can now access the RCC as a PS C passenger, has nothing to do with being a 1k. its for all PS C passengers

So I got to spend all of 10 mins in the RCC , had I known I would have brought a coupon or 2 along for a drink
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
I'm a bit bummed that both LAX and JFK agents did not mention RCC access. Both my wife and I are 1K in NC; we flew to JFK on Saturday and returned this morning. Especially this morning, we got to JFK way too early and we sat outside the gate for an hour. Would love to access RCC for some coffee and water.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Great news if this is confirmed ^ .

I presume the RCC access is only at the ps gateway? In other words, if flying e.g. SEA-SFO-JFK, one would only have access in SFO?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Great news. Now we just need confirmation for 1K/GS sitting in Y on PS. Not that anyone wants to sit in Y on those birds. My knees hurt just thinking about it.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, IC Spire Amb, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat
My partner and I returned home in upgraded C JFK-SFO on Saturday, we're both 1K. I'm an RCC member; he is not.

I about fell over when the agent handed us each 2 drink chits, and him a wifi card. Said she thought United was doing the right thing by these changes.

We never got anything in the SFO RCC on our outbound, also in C.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Wow, access and drink chits! ^^
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:03 pm

im surprised this was not discussed here.. this new policy took affect last month.. i came across it somewhere on united's website (which i cannot find anymore - nevermind - here it is: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,1129,00.html ) - and because of this, i had United re-issue my ticket with a PS routing so I could use the RCC.

-j

Last edited by jasp25; Nov 16, 2009 at 7:13 pm
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by jasp25
That link indicates F class only.

The business class page seems to limit access to international flights only.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,1133,00.html

Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:08 pm
DJZ

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, former UA 1K, SPG AMEX addict
thanks...but...

definitely a nice amenity, and nothing to sneeze at. That said, I'd still rather have my CR1s and e500s back so I can upgrade without burning through my SWUs...

hopefully this will entice more occasional flyers to go with C or Z and get united some more revenue. (then again, I'd take the crown room over the RCC any day, and thanks DL's lounge access for the Amex Platinum card, I do whenever I can)
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With this change, UA is classifying p.s. flights as international for service and amenities. You cannot use UDU on p.s. flights and you receive lounge access, both in line with international flights. The downside is that you need to use miles or SWU to upgrades, just like international flights.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld

I presume the RCC access is only at the ps gateway? In other words, if flying e.g. SEA-SFO-JFK, one would only have access in SFO?
Indeed, wondering the same thing.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld

Unfortunately I believe that is the case. As a p.s. C passenger this weekend I was allowed RCC access at my origin in JFK, but denied access upon arriving at SFO before my onward connection to final destination.

The SFO RCC woman was adamant that only SFO-JFK p.s. C pax could get RCC admittance without being RCC members... YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.