Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by N1120A
Not sure about C, but I think they made a change allowing *G international access to extend to p.s. (might be just 1Ks, but I think its both). In that case, you would get it even in Y
I had thought this too, but was recently turned away as a 1K in p.s. Y

The latest rules seem to be that p.s. Business pax get RCC access and p.s. First pax get IFL + RCC access **at their departure airport only**. Regardless of elite status, p.s. Y pax do not get lounge access

Furthermore, p.s. Business and First pax are not entitled to lounge access upon arrival, regardless of whether you have onward connections... But sometimes the lounge agents make exceptions
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Some data points from this weekend:

We flew SEA-SFO-JFK in domestic NF and p.s. NC as 1K passengers:
  • The SEA lounge attendant wordlessly scanned our p.s. boarding passes and waved us in. I don't know whether she was doing us a favor.
  • Lounge access at SFO worked like you'd expect.
  • We didn't try at JFK.

We then flew JFK-LAX-SEA in p.s. NC and domestic NF.
  • Lounge access at JFK worked like you'd expect. There appeared to be two actual statues of dragons outside the IFL entrance. Love it.
  • The LAX lounge agent had an awesome, carefully worded to maximize politeness, three-sentence explanation why she appreciated our business, but the p.s. C lounge access is for departures, not arrivals, and would we like to buy a club membership?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Some data points from this weekend:

We flew SEA-SFO-JFK in domestic NF and p.s. NC as 1K passengers:
  • The SEA lounge attendant wordlessly scanned our p.s. boarding passes and waved us in. I don't know whether she was doing us a favor.
  • Lounge access at SFO worked like you'd expect.
  • We didn't try at JFK.

We then flew JFK-LAX-SEA in p.s. NC and domestic NF.
  • Lounge access at JFK worked like you'd expect. There appeared to be two actual statues of dragons outside the IFL entrance. Love it.
  • The LAX lounge agent had an awesome, carefully worded to maximize politeness, three-sentence explanation why she appreciated our business, but the p.s. C lounge access is for departures, not arrivals, and would we like to buy a club membership?
officially, the rules for p.s. C/F access is departure only prior to the p.s. flight. Every now and then, an agent will bend the rule and allow it for arrivals, mostly at JFK where the number of arriving C/F pax that actually want to use the lounge is so insignificant that it doesn't hurt to let them in.

so when p.s. goes 2 class, is it right to presume the IFL will be shut down and the space used to make a larger UC?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:35 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I have a NC LAX-JFK.
Can I bring one guest with me???
I was denied a guest a few days ago at SFO when I was departing there in p.s. C.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Scanned through this thread and couldn't get find anything definite - can I use the DEN United Club on arrival? I'm *Gold (AC*E, not UA/CO/US).
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yvr76
Scanned through this thread and couldn't get find anything definite ...
partially because this is the wrong thread

Originally Posted by yvr76
- can I use the DEN United Club on arrival? I'm *Gold (AC*E, not UA/CO/US).
*G have access to the United Club (aka RCC) on departure with a departing *A BP.
No access on arrival only.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
Lax-sfo-jfk ps f ifl access?

I did some research and couldn't find any recent posts regarding my question so I'll ask again:

Traveling LAX-SFO-JFK on Weds in F, I know for sure I will have access at SFO but will they give me a hard time at the LAX IFL? Checked the UA website and it makes no reference other than PS F having access to IFL. Can someone elaborate please? THANX!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by flyerboi17
I did some research and couldn't find any recent posts regarding my question so I'll ask again:

Traveling LAX-SFO-JFK on Weds in F, I know for sure I will have access at SFO but will they give me a hard time at the LAX IFL? Checked the UA website and it makes no reference other than PS F having access to IFL. Can someone elaborate please? THANX!
If the access rule is the same/similar to international travel then yes. I was able to access both the IFL at LAX and SFO on my recent (June) trip to HKG. However, it could be because LAX IFL was just serving breakfast comparing to SFO IFL was doing lunch; LAX IFL is nothing comparing to SFO IFL!

It doesn't hurt to try and please report back what you will find out.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
So just to clarify once more, I have little to no status on united (premier) and I'm traveling on a sponsored PS upgrade (NC) from JFK - LAX. Will I be allowed to access RCC at JFK?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ac737
So just to clarify once more, I have little to no status on united (premier) and I'm traveling on a sponsored PS upgrade (NC) from JFK - LAX. Will I be allowed to access RCC at JFK?
and just once more -- yes, C (paid/award/upgraded) PS pax has departure airport access to the UC.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I had thought this too, but was recently turned away as a 1K in p.s. Y
Which airport? I'm wondering if there are any remnants of this policy left as I flew p.s. Y a number of times last year (before I hit 1K). I might as well start plotting for next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.